Thursday 3 May 2012

Not My Day...

 
I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.  From the moment the day started, I felt tired and irritable.  I was chirping at Sydney, impatiently running around the house trying to get ready for our day, and in no mood to deal with anything that didn't go as it was meant to.  Sydney decided that today wasn't the day that she was going to practice her skills in co-operation, and fought me at every step along the way on the way out the door.  We headed to preschool, where I had a rather awkward, unexpected confrontation with one of the parents and then off to Oakridge where a lady almost took my head off for accidentally cutting in front of her in the line at the till.  Sigh....it was not my day!

Throughout the day I searched for little bits of inspiration.  The Photo a Day for the Month of May for today was meant to be 'something you wore today', so I took a picture of my bright red Campers which I wear almost everyday but make me smile most every time I put them on.  Not only does the cheery colour and whimsical mismatched pattern on the shoes make me grin, but thinking about my dear friend Sally, who gave them to me, always makes me happy too.


Sally is a friend of mine that I met while working at Mackenzie Financial years ago.  She and her husband had moved to Vancouver from Sydney, Australia for a few years and she came to cover a mat leave for one of my colleagues.  She and I instantly hit it off, she is such a sweet and kind soul!  During her seven years in Canada she and I stayed in touch and had the great fortune of having babies within three weeks of each other!  She has since moved back to Sydney but I think of, and miss her, often. 

Our friends Jack and Christina came over for a playdate this afternoon which literally saved my day!  We had such a fun visit with them, it was so nice to spend some time with friends on a day when the world really seemed to be getting on my nerves!


Christina brought me one of her favourite bottles of wine from Washington state,14 Hands Hot to Trot.  It's from a winery that is not far from their vacation home in Suncadia.  I can't wait to try it!


I am happy to see today behind me.  Hoping for a wonderfully uneventful Friday tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment