Tuesday 1 May 2012

Photo a Day for the Month of May




I have been remiss about updating my blog lately.  I have chosen an extra hour of sleep over uploading photos and stringing my thoughts together here too many days in a row!  I promise this will stop and have committed to doing my best to update my blog every single day for the month of May.....we'll see how it goes!

This month marks a full year since I started this blog.  I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed sharing my days with you here and reading back and remembering all of the amazing days that Sydney and I have shared together.  I feel truly blessed to be her Mom and to have such a wonderful life!

As motivation to update this space every day in May, I am participating, along with a few other Moms who blog, in the Photo a Day for the Month of May.  Each day in May has an appointed word that is meant to be the theme for the photo captured that day.


Today's word was peace.  My day actually started off very peacefully.  Early this morning, after we had finished breakfast, Sydney and I wandered out into the backyard into the cool morning air and discovered a patch of bluebells growing just outside our back gate.  We each picked a bouquet and brought them inside and put them in vases on the kitchen counter.  I love how Sydney's included some dandelions, she just couldn't resist the bright yellow colour!  It was a serene and peaceful moment with my girl and a wonderful way to start the day!


I continued on with the shopping momentum from the weekend in Seattle and hit up the Banana Republic at Oakridge Centre today while Syd was in preschool.  They had just marked down scads of clothes at final sale prices and I pounced on those racks like a cheetah.  I came away with another bulging bag of mostly shirts and sweaters, felt so great to continue building out my wardrobe after having it be so lean for so long!!

Welcome May!  I look forward to putting away all my sweaters and jackets and boots and ushering in summer sometime in the next few weeks.  Bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment