Wednesday 23 May 2012

Pink

 


So the photo a day for today is meant to be about 'pink'.  I am fanatical about pink.  Ever since the moment that I discovered I was having a little girl, some 19 weeks into my pregnancy, pink has become my most favourite colour in the world!


I remember a few months before Syd was born, I had been on a mad shopping spree and bought her a ton of clothes for her first year of life.  I spent an entire evening sitting on the floor of her nursery, ripping tags off of her wee clothes and hanging them all up in her closet on those teeny tiny hangers.  I must have opened that closet door a million times from that night on until she was born just to stare at those precious clothes hanging perfectly in her closet.  It was a sea of pink.  No other colour existed, she was going to be a girly-girl and that was all there was to it.  One night Paul walked past the open closet door and said "Suse, you really have to buy a few other colours for her besides pink!"  Great, just what I needed, another reason to go shopping! 

Today was another wonderful day spent with my Mom.  I love having her here, her presence makes me feel so grounded and loved and like everything is right with the world.  I could bottle that Mom feeling and sell it for a million dollars I'm sure!  We had a leisurely morning at home today, my brother came by to spend the day with us so we all piled into the car and headed off to drop Sydney at preschool this morning.  We spent a bit of time at Oakridge while she was at school and then headed to Thai House for lunch together.  Sydney loves having lunch there, eats a bowl of white rice and mango ice cream every time!

After lunch my Mom treated me to this absolutely beautiful bouquet of flowers, a belated Mother's Day gift.  They are so beautiful!  My kitchen looks lovely and bright with them in my bay window!  Thank you Mom!


My brother brought me a little treat today too, a piece of banana chocolate cream pie from True Confections, an amazing dessert place on Alma and Broadway.  One of my favourites and oh so delicious!


Sydney and Paul went for a little walk after dinner tonight as Mom and I were cleaning up the dishes.  When they got back, Sydney handed me this:


So sweet!  My kitchen is looking like a flower shop these days between all the freshly cut flowers and the seeds we've just planted!

The week when my Mom is here with us always flies by.  I want to stop the clock and have her here longer to play with Syd, chat with me while we make dinner and go for walks together.  We never seem to have enough time together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment