Sunday 20 May 2012

Planting Day

 
 
What a lovely day together we had today!  The weather took a turn for the worse this morning, we woke up to grey skies and it smelled like rain.  Early this morning, while it was still dry, we threw our clothes on and headed outside to plant the geraniums that we bought at the nursery yesterday.


Sydney was so cute helping us get them planted, she pulled all of the pots out of their plastic carry case and laid them in a row along the fence all the while muttering to herself about 'Sydney planting flowers here, and one there...."


She was so excited to see them all get planted in our pots and for her pinwheels to have a little company for the summer! 

I finally got around to getting some extra dirt for us so that we could plant our seeds that our friends Mara and Alexa gave us.  We planted garlic chives, pumpkins and cucumbers in bowls in the kitchen window.  Can't wait to see them sprout!


My friend Lori stopped by with a treat for us today.  She and I whipped up a lemon cheesecake together while we were at their house for dinner last night and it wasn't quite set by the end of the evening, so she brought a couple of pieces over for us today.  It is so delicious!  Lemony and sweet with a bit of tartness!  I typically don't love cheesecake, but I have to say that this one may swing me in the other direction as it was so yummy and easy to make!


This evening we headed to our friend Mike and Sarah's house for dinner, another lovely barbecue, albeit in the rain!  Emma and Sydney were being such monkeys today, I have never seen them act up so much around each other!  Not sure what was going on for them, maybe the rain was getting to them after spending so much time outdoors in the sun for the past few weeks!  We had a lovely visit either way, enjoyed some great wine and chatted with our friend Maryna who joined us for dinner too!

The photo a day for today is 'something I can't live without':


The first thing I thought of when I read the caption was my iphone. It is literally at my side 24/7 and serves as my way to keep in touch with the world, help me find directions, capture pictures of my sweet babe and play tunes for me when I need them, I literally could not live without it!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sue!! Love reading about your days with Sydney!! You have inspired me to do the same!! Tell me about the "photo of the day" you are doing.

    ReplyDelete