Friday 8 June 2012

Back Into Shape



I have to admit that since the new year hit, I have completely fallen off the exercise bandwagon.  After three years of dedication to my pre and post natal fitness regime, I suddenly realized that Sydney was getting a bit too big to take to postnatal fitness class with me, and I stopped going to my classes all together.  About six weeks into the new year, I was starting to feel that yucky pants-are-too-tight feeling and knew that I had to find something else to do before I got too out of hand!

Paul and I worked out with a personal trainer for a few years back in the day when we worked together.  I loved everything about having a personal trainer: knowing someone was waiting for you so you couldn't skip out of your gym time, having someone push you when you're just a little too lazy to finish those reps, lying passively on the mats while somebody else stretched you at the end of a grueling workout.  It was fantastic and I was in great shape as a result.  I had been thinking on and off about finding another trainer and getting back into some sort of routine with him, but just hadn't made the time to make it happen.  Then, last week when I was dropping off our dry cleaning, Paul noticed a sign in the window of Body and Soul Fitness across the street, advertising personal training.


Body and Soul Fitness is a boutique gym with a great staff of trainers, a chiropractor and Registered Massage Therapist.  It has a lovely almost spa like feeling to it!  The staff there is awesome, friendly and helpful.  This afternoon I went for an hour long health assessment with Huan, one of the trainers there, before I start my workouts next week.

The assessment was amazing!  I have never had such a thorough work-up ever!  They did everything from strapping a heart monitor to me while I did some cardio to doing an ultrasound on me to figure out my body fat percentage!  The good news is, I'm still 15 pounds lighter than I was the day I got pregnant and that my body fat percentage is well within normal limits.  My blood pressure and resting heart rate were fantastic, apparently I am healthy as a horse and ready to start exercise on Monday with no excuses!


It felt so great to get back to the gym and wake up those sleepy muscles.  I think I am going to love this new gym and having a bit of time to myself to get back into shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment