Monday 25 June 2012

A Day With Grandma

 
Today was my first official day back working at Paul's office for the week while his receptionist is on vacation.  I am trying to only go in for a few hours each day so that I am not away from Syd for a full eight hour day.  She is used to being with me 24/7 and I didn't want to make it too hard on her or my Mom!

I spent a few hours this morning hanging out with Syd and Grandma.  We got up early, had breakfast and then headed to the park so that Syd could have a little outing before I had to go in to the office.  I can't get over how brave Sydney is getting at doing the 'big kids' slide at Dunbar park!  She can climb to the very top and slide down the twisty slide completely unassisted now!

I had a great day at Paul's office.  It actually felt really nice to get out and work for a few hours and work a different part of my brain!  It was fun seeing some patients that I knew from years ago when I worked in his practice full time and catching up on what they've been up to!  I had a productive day and everything that needed to get done, got done!

Sydney and Grandma had a great day together too!  They transplanted all of the seeds that we had started growing inside and planted them in one giant terracotta pot outside.  Sydney now has her own personal little garden to tend to!  She loved digging in the dirt, filling the pot and watering the plants with Grandma.  It was a fun project!


Grandma also painted her toenails today...a special treat!  She proudly showed them off to me when I came home! 


It is such precious time for Grandma and Syd to have together, I am grateful for the chance to help out at Paul's office and for Syd to get some great Grandma time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment