Friday 1 June 2012

The End of the Week


I have been ever so determined lately to keep up my new year's resolution and find some help for myself around here: a steady housekeeper, a new Mother's Helper and an evening babysitter.  Since resolving to find help in January, I have found all three and lost all three. At the moment, I am without any help at all!  Late last week, I decided that enough was enough, and posted ads on Craigslist for all three roles.  I set up interviews for literally every morning this week, hoping that by today, I would have everyone in place to start next week.

Well that seemed like a good plan at first. I met with two ladies early in the week for the Mother's Helper position, neither of whom really seemed like a good fit to me.  Three mornings in a row I had people no-show for their housekeeping interviews, and finally, this morning, a very sweet girl showed up at the door eager to help.  We chatted for a while and Sydney quickly warmed up to her, chatting away and ever so comfortable in her presence.  I knew that she was the right one.  So I offered her the chance to start next week, coming over a few times to hang out with Sydney to give them the chance to get to know each other.  We coordinated our schedules, set up times and I happily went about booking a number of things that I have long been needing to get done for when she was meant to be here.

I was feeling pretty good about all this, getting organized and being productive.  Just when I was about to pat myself on the back a little too hard, my phone rang and it was the gal calling to say that she had just been offered a full time gig somewhere else and that she couldn't help me out after all.  So, we're back to square one.  What a colossal waste of time!

It kind of set my morning off on a bad start and I have to say I've felt a bit crabby ever since.  It was one of several frustrating people I ended up dealing with today....not the best day I've ever had!

But Sydney and I carried on with our day as per usual.  Headed to music class, played at the playground, lunch at Kokopelli and then home for a nap.  I was only too happy to see the late afternoon roll around as we headed to my friend Sally's for a play date with her and her son Ollie and our friends Christina and Jack.

Sally is a sweet and loving Mom and a great friend!  Plus, she shares my love for wine and without even asking this afternoon, she poured me a glass seconds after I got through the door!  Sweet, sweet Sally!


Tomorrow Sally, Christina and I and our families are heading to Squamish for the 'Day Out with Thomas' event, the kids are so excited!  Christina made Sally and I little snack care packages to take with us for the trip filled with homemade muffins, cookies and trail mix!  So sweet!  Sydney has already devoured half the trail mix!


We had a lovely visit together playing with the kids, drinking wine and swapping war stories about raising toddlers.  It is so awesome having a support network of Moms in my life!

Looking forward to our little outing tomorrow with Sydney!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment