Saturday 16 June 2012

Gwendolyn's Shower


 
This afternoon I had the pleasure of hosting a baby shower for my dear friend Lori's new baby girl Gwendolyn.  It was such a fantastic time together with the Dunbar Moms, we had such a lovely visit and so enjoyed welcoming little Gwen to the world!

I had some special cupcakes made for the event with a letter "G" on top for Gwendolyn.


They made a lovely centerpiece for the table of food!  All of the Moms brought something to share, appetizers, salads, wine, dessert.  It was fantastic, and made for such an effortless time on my part!  My friend Michelle graciously came over two hours early to help me get everything together, what a doll!


I found some lovely yellow roses and made a couple of arrangements for the table just to add a little brightness to it.





After we had lunch, we played a couple of shower games and then Lori opened up her gifts.  A bunch of us pitched in to get her a Baby Bjorn travel crib which she had been wanting, it was a great gift!


Little Gwen was so sweet during the shower, slept peacefully in everyone's arms as we passed her around and took turns snuggling with her.  I have definitely gotten my baby fix this week with all the time with Josie and Gwendolyn!


At the end of our time together, I poured everyone a glass of pink champagne and we toasted Gwendolyn while we had our cupcakes.  So lovely!


Lori was so touched by the shower, it was awesome to see how much it meant to her!  I loved having the chance to have everyone over and to spend a fun afternoon visiting!




I felt very spoiled as well with some lovely hostess gifts from the guests.

My friend Michelle gave me this super cheerful and sunny sunflower plant and lovely Papyrus card:




And Christina got me this gorgeous pink hyacinth plant:


Harv brought me her favourite incense from 18 Karat:
 

And Lori's friend Shannon brought some super yummy cupcakes from Butter Bakery:


I sent each guest home with a little takeaway bag filled with a tiny bottle of Pink Bubbles sparkling wine and a custom made "Gwendolyn" cookie.  Everyone loved them!





It was a wonderful memory and such a special time!  Welcome to the gang baby Gwendolyn!


No comments:

Post a Comment