Thursday 14 June 2012

Happy Birthday Paul!

 
 
Today was one of those days that fell perfectly into place.  It was a wonderful day all around!  Sydney had school this morning, her third last class before the school year is done.  I took advantage of my time at Oakridge to stock up on a few things that I know I'll be needing over the summer: new lip gloss, David's Tea and a pile of new panties for Sydney for when we decide to officially start potty training and get rid of her diapers!


She was so thrilled to get all the different panties.  Even before we got home, she ripped open the box of Hello Kitty ones and held a pair in her hands the whole way home!  Very cute!

I had a workout booked this afternoon so Sydney went over to my friend Lori's house to play for an hour while I was at the gym.  She was such a good girl there, I was worried that she wasn't going to like being dropped off and me leaving, but she didn't even flinch! 

Twenty minutes after I got in the door from picking her up from Lori's, she fell asleep and had an epic two hour nap!  She couldn't have picked a better day as I was planning a special dinner for Paul's birthday today and needed some time to get it all together!  I spent two, uninterrupted hours getting dinner together and felt so relaxed and at ease by the time everyone got home for dinner!


Zach and Miriam came over for dinner and I tried my hand at making Beef Wellington.  It was fabulous!  Such a simple preparation with such gourmet results, my kind of dish!  I paired it with parmesan basil orzo, mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus and a Caesar salad along with a bottle of Blind Trust wine from the Laughing Stock vineyard.


It was a very special dinner, Paul really enjoyed it and I made an angel food cake with whip cream, strawberries and kiwis for dessert, as I do every year!  Sydney had great fun putting the candles on Daddy's piece of cake and singing Happy Birthday to him!



Paul got lots of great gifts this year, a whole whack of clothes for his summer wardrobe and a lovely bottle of wine from Zach.


It was so nice to celebrate Paul's special day together.  Happy Birthday Love!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment