Saturday 30 June 2012

A Long Weekend

 
This morning I woke up with the wonderful feeling of an entire long weekend stretched out before us and not one, single thing planned.  It was heavenly!  June has been such an incredibly busy month, I feel as though I have hardly had time to come up for air!  Three whole days at home together quietly relaxing, is the best thing I could have thought of at this moment in time!  This weekend is going to be about resting, relaxing, getting organized, catching my breath, reconnecting with Paul and Syd and regrouping for the month ahead!

My Mom flew home yesterday afternoon after spending a week looking after Sydney while I was helping out at Paul's office.  I can tell that Sydney misses her already, she asked me first thing this morning where Grandma was.  I love how she got so used to her presence while she was here.  Her visits are always too short!

Yesterday afternoon, after Mom flew home, I spent a few hours getting things organized at home.  One of the things about being so busy, is that I didn't have a lot of time to get things in order around here, so it felt fantastic to sort through stuff, reorganize, clean out the fridge, do ten loads of laundry, clean the bathrooms and feel in control once again.  It's a nice way to start a new month!

My friend Lori brought over a special gift for me yesterday, a bottle of wine that they had discovered on a recent trip to the Napa Valley.  With the gift, she had enclosed the sweetest thank you card, thanking me for the baby shower that I threw for her sweet Gwendolyn.  I look forward to a special evening of cracking this bottle open and toasting sweet Gwendolyn!


We decided to head downtown this morning to do a little long overdue shopping for Paul's wardrobe.  We had a successful shopping trip and came home with stacks of clothes for Paul.  It felt great to get that done at long last!

I got Syd a couple of pairs of summer slip on shoes this week, super cute!


Syd and I spent the afternoon in the kitchen baking banana bread.  She loves baking so much, had great fun smashing all the bananas up and mixing things for me!


She also spent some time doing her most favourite art activity, painting.  Here is today's masterpiece, I like to call it 'Big Yellow Sun.


Sydney is so into her baby dolls right now.  At almost any given time during the day she can be found packing a doll around, rocking it, shushing it, nursing it, putting it to bed....today she dragged all of her bedding downstairs and made a makeshift bed for her doll in the family room so that she could be close to it while it slept!  So, so cute!  My girl is going to be a great Momma one day!


Looking forward to two more days together this long weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment