Friday 15 June 2012

Meet The Baby Party

 
Tonight my friends Georgina and Krista and I co-hosted a Meet the Baby party for Janice and Brent's new baby Josie.  Georgina graciously offered to host the event, it was the perfect venue with a huge backyard for the kids to run around in and lots of fun activities to keep them occupied! 

 
They even had a huge bouncy castle in the backyard that Sydney absolutely loved jumping in and sliding out of...on her tummy no less!


Georgina has the most kid-friendly house ever!  She has a table outside on her covered patio specifically for playdough with huge tubs of homemade dough and cutters galore!  Sydney loved it!  She and Brent spent some time together rolling and cutting the playdough, it was very sweet!


Sydney insisted on wearing the dress that Janice and Brent got for her when they were in Australia last fall, she calls is "Auntie Janice's dress."  She was a tad over-dressed for the occasion, but I let her wear it anyways and I think that Janice and Brent were touched to see her wearing it!


We had a great time together, it was like a reunion with old friends and acquaintances seeing each other for the first time in a long time, including some people I hadn't seen since Janice and Brent's wedding in Vegas over seven years ago! 

I got lots of snuggles with Josie again today, she even fell asleep for the longest time in my arms, so awesome!


It was a very special time to officially welcome baby Josie and spend a little more time with Janice and Brent!

Sydney and I hit up Costco today to get a bunch of food for the event, Syd was mostly excited to get the rainbow cake that we had specially ordered for Josie!  It has been a hectic week and I was a bit worried when we got to Costco that Syd was going to be a bit of a monkey while I was shopping.  I had a little talk with her in the car asking her to be a very good girl for Mommy while we got everything for baby Josie's party.  When we arrived at Costco, she insisted upon being carried in "Mommy's backpack", my Ergo.  I tentatively strapped her to my back, knowing full well that she wouldn't stay in the pack for more than a few minutes.  Did she ever prove me wrong!  She happily stayed in the Ergo the entire time we were shopping, it was fantastic!




The past few weeks most of Sydney's activities have been wrapping up for the summer.  Today we had our last music class.  It was an 'all requests' class, everyone got to choose their favourite song and we sang them all!  At the end of class Sydney gave the instructor, Donalyn, a special card that she had made for her along with a chocolate apple lollipop.  It was so sweet to see her toddle over to give it to Donalyn and then give her a big hug!  We are going to miss music class with her!


It feels great to be busy again, reminds me of the pace that I used to live life before I became a Mom!  I am looking forward to next week being a little quieter though and being able to take some time to stop and smell the roses with Syd.  I've promised her that we can do some of her favourite things together next week after a week of me shuttling her around as I've been getting things done!  She has been such a good girl through it all and I am so proud of her!


No comments:

Post a Comment