Wednesday 20 June 2012

Mr. Sun


 
Today we woke up to a sunny, beautiful, blue-sky day for the first time in a long time!  Lucky for us, we had very little planned today, so I texted my friend Sarah bright and early to see if she and her daughter Emma wanted to meet Syd and I for a picnic at Kits Beach.

I grabbed some sushi on the way down and we had a lovely picnic together and the girls played at the playground.  I was thinking about how lucky Vancouver kids are to have such a beautiful backdrop to play by!  The mountains, ocean, beach and freighters nestled in the bay, it's breathtaking!  Sydney will likely come to think of this as normal, having grown up seeing it every day, but we really are blessed to live in this amazing city!


Sydney had her last art class of the spring session this morning.  We completed a few projects that we had been working on and got to take a few things home.

Her dragon silkscreen print:


We didn't quite have enough time to finish painting the dragon today, so that will be our at home summer project over the next few days!

Her self portrait:


I love this picture she painted, it is hillarious!  The pouf of red hair on top of her head is just perfect!  She literally painted this entirely by herself with very little intervention from me, I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the result seeing she's only two years old!

After art class we took a little walk up Dunbar and I found a couple of very cool vases on sale for $3 each at the local antique shop.  I love the unusual shape of the triangular one and the handles on the other!  I'll have to find some beautiful fresh flowers this summer to fill them with!


 
It was so nice to get out and about today and soak up a bit of sun.  The forecast for the next few days is looking pretty dismal, so we have to take full advantage of it every moment that we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment