Monday 4 June 2012

Registration Day



This morning started off early.  Well, no earlier than normal really, except for the fact that I was on the computer at exactly 8:00am registering for all of Sydney's summer and fall activities.  I quickly learned, upon registering Sydney for activities from the time she was a wee babe, that you really have to be on the ball in order to get into the really good activities and the days and times you want.  It is the beginning of June and I am already booking and planning our every move for September!  I love being so organized though and knowing that Syd is signed up for some fun things that we have to look forward to!

I had said a few months ago that I wasn't going to sign Syd up for anything at all this summer.  We were simply going to have long, leisurely days at home and go on picnics and to the beach and scratch things off of my Summer Bucket List and not worry about being anywhere at a specific time. That seemed like a fine idea a few months ago, but I have noticed recently with Sydney that her behaviour tends to deteriorate when she's bored and the only way to keep her from being bored is to plan some activities. So I took a different approach and decided to sign her up for a boatload of fun things this summer.  I may regret it later, but at least we have some choices for things to do if we have days where we're climbing the walls!

This morning I added two fun activities to our summer: toddler pottery class and a little dancers class.  Both are at our local community centre and are a week-long summer camp format, meaning we go every morning for five straight days.  It should be fun and will get us out of the house early in the morning and on with our day!  I'm mostly excited for the pottery class as we get to make some very cool things to take home with us to add to Sydney's ever-growing homemade art collection!

After madly signing up for all of our classes this morning, we headed to gymnastics and then home again to meet up with my friend Mandy who came over for lunch with us.  Mandy is so sweet, always brings a little gift for Sydney when she comes.  Today she brought her a shiny new box of crayons and a Disney Princess colouring book.  Sydney loved it, she and Mandy coloured together for quite some time and spent a fair amount of time playing with playdough while I made lunch.  It was very sweet!



Late this afternoon we went to another yoga class taught by my friend Christina.  Sydney seemed more interested in running around the room and playing with the toys there today than doing her yoga, but she did learn how to do what Christina calls "easy sitting," which is sitting on your bottom with your legs crossed.  Whenever Christina asked her to do her easy sitting, Syd would run to her yoga mat and sit quietly with her legs crossed in front of her.  It was so sweet!

After yoga we hit the McDonald's drive thru for a little treat for Sydney, a happy meal.  She is only too happy to carry this tradition on every week after our yoga class is finished!


Sydney wanted to lay out a snack for Daddy today when he got home from work.  This is what she did:


Three plates of blueberries, very healthy!

It was a busy day today!  I am grateful to have a moment here and now to sit and catch my breath and reflect on our day.  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment