Monday 11 June 2012

Some Fashion Advice

 
Today I did a little something for myself that has been a long time coming.  I met with Nicolette, a personal stylist that my friend Sarah had recommended to me.  Nicolette did a full colour consultation with me to find my colour palette for buying clothes that will best enhance my skin tone.  We also did a full body shape analysis to show me what features I should be highlighting and which clothes specifically work with my body shape.  It was a fantastic meeting!  I went away feeling as though I had learned so much about style and colour and armed to dress better!


I have long admired women who look so completely put together all the time, no matter what the occasion.  I  often look at women who have a fabulous sense of style and wish that I had been blessed with even a bit of fashion sense!  Sadly, since becoming a Mom, comfort has taken priority over fashion and I can often be found running around in my Lululemons with food smeared on them for most of the day!


I am determined to change this, and have been doing a fair amount of shopping lately to try and beef up my wardrobe.  I am feeling a bit better about my wardrobe in general and now feel as though I know what to look for specifically when I'm shopping.

Nicolette is coming back in a few weeks to do a wardrobe detox with me where she'll look through my wardrobe, have me try on outfits and give me advice on what to pair together and how to properly accessorize.  I can't wait!  I'll be looking like a stylish Momma in no time!

Sydney was full of beans today.  She was being quite the monkey while I was meeting with Nicolette, by the end of our time together I felt rather frazzled at having to tend to one demand or another every few minutes!  She is at such a busy stage right now, like to be constantly engaged in an activity and has a rather short attention span for most things!  It makes for a tiring day!

The other day, I showed Syd how to draw a happy face, she is so funny, every time she picks up a pen now, she practices her happy faces.  Check out today's work:


I had my first personal training session at Body and Soul Fitness today.  It felt fantastic to get some exercise.  Half way through the workout I realized, I really do love working out.  I never thought I'd say that in my life, but I've actually come to enjoy it after all these years of consistently going.  Come hell or high water, I'm going to have to make working out a part of my weekly schedule forever!

It was a full day but very nice to take a little time to do something for myself, which doesn't happen too often these days!  

No comments:

Post a Comment