Tuesday 12 June 2012

A Visit with Baby Josie



This afternoon my friend Janice, her husband Brent, and their sweet new baby Josie came over for a visit.  They are in town visiting for a few days from Fort McMurray, Alberta and just arrived into Vancouver this afternoon.  I was thrilled that they made our house their first stop!

Baby Josie is absolutely a doll!  She has the hugest blue eyes and is so observant, always looking around taking everything in.  I held her for the longest time, having a great snuggle.  She happily sat with me, looking at me when I spoke and turning her head to the sound of her Mom and Dad's voices when she heard them!  It was love at first sight!


I always forget how much I miss my friend Janice until we are together again.  She and I have been friends since primary school and share so much history together, we have a comfort around each other that is unspoken.  I miss friends like that.  I have many, many wonderful friends that I have made as an adult, but nothing beats those that I've known since I was knee-high to a grasshopper!  It was so cool to see her as a Mom today and know that we can share this experience of Motherhood together!


Paul arrived home in the nick of time to see sweet Josie and have a quick visit with Janice and Brent before they headed off to meet up with Brent's sister for dinner.  We are co-hosting a 'meet the baby' party for Janice, Brent and Josie, along with our friend Georgina on Friday night.  Can't wait to celebrate Josie's arrival and have a great visit with friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment