Wednesday 13 June 2012

Wednesday

 
 
This morning Sydney slept in until 8:00am! It kind of threw me for a loop to be honest, she's usually up with the birds.  I can count on one hand the number of times that I've gotten out of bed before she's woken up!  It was nice to start our busy day with a few quiet moments to myself!

Syd decided that she wanted pancakes for breakfast this morning, so I made some.  I asked her what she wanted on top and she said "Nutella and oranges," which is exactly what she put on top!  She peeled an entire mandarin orange on her own and spread the Nutella on the pancake all by herself. My little gourmet!


We had art class this morning.  Sydney finished the canvas of her self portrait.  It is so cute!  I loved watching her paint bright red hair a top of her head!  We got to take home a project that we completed last week, Sydney's little handprint, done on a clay tile.  It is so sweet, I just love her little hands right now and am so glad that we've been able to immortalize a print of one.


My new upstairs office is looking a little like Santa's Workshop these days with all of the loot for the events coming up over the next four days:  Paul's birthday, Meet the Baby party for baby Josie, baby shower for my friend Lori and Father's Day!  It's going to be a fun filled few days!


After a lot of running around today we were so happy to be able to take some time to play at our friend Andrea's house with her boys Aaro and Hattan and our friends Tracy and Alexis.  It is so amazing watching the kids together, they have known each other since they were newborns and it's incredible to watch them interacting and playing with each other now when they seemed oblivious to each other for so long.  Today, as we were saying goodbye, Alexis and Sydney leaned in and gave each other a hug, completely unprompted.  It was so adorable and one of several moments where I noticed Syd being sweet and tender with her two friends! 

Andrea has a background in catering and always makes the most amazing treats!  Today was no exception, she made homemade lemon loaf and rhubarb squares which she sweetly sent home with me in a little care package along with a brick of brie cheese!  She also passed along a great new pair of jeans that she bought accidentally from the girl's section of the Gap!  Always love the opportunity to add to Sydney's wardrobe.


 Looking forward to all the celebrations over the next few days starting tomorrow with Paul's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment