Monday 18 June 2012

Wrapping Up

 


I always feel a little wistful around this time of year when all of Sydney's activities are wrapping up for the summer.  I know that, going forward, I am going to measure the years by June and September, in line with the school calendar.  This week is Sydney's last few days of preschool and on the weekend we had her last swimming lesson at Aquaventures.


In the fall, Sydney will be in the Starfish level for swimming which means that Mom no longer needs to go in the pool with her!  I have to say that I am excited to not have to wear a bathing suit every week!  Sydney's friend Emma is in the same class as her, so her Mom Sarah and I can have a lovely visit while the girls swim!

This morning was Sydney's gymnastics graduation.  She got her little report card and ribbon and stood on the podium with her hands above her head like a little Olympian!  On the report card her instructor, Brett, wrote: "Keep up the positive energy!"  I love that Syd has a positive energy to her and that other people notice it too!


My little girl is indeed getting older.  This morning she opened the back door all by herself and let herself into the backyard.  She was unable to wrap her little hands around the door knob just last week...it's all happening so fast!

I love the feeling that you get after you've had a super busy few days but everything's gone so well and all the hard work has been worth it!  That was how I felt today, kind of on a high after all of the amazing festivities the last few days brought.  I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family in my life!




I promised Syd that this week we would slow down and so some fun things together, lunches, go to the toy store and the playground and walks around the neighborhood.  That is exactly what we did this afternoon.  We took a leisurely walk through the neighborhood looking at all the beautiful flowers in people's gardens, had sushi together, went to the toy store, had a coffee and landed up at the playground.  It was fantastic and I am looking forward to spending some more quiet time with my girl this week!






No comments:

Post a Comment