Friday 20 July 2012

Bathroom Shuffle

 

I feel as though Sydney has spent a lot of time this summer changing and growing and becoming a little person, slowly shedding any last vestiges of babyhood.  We have had three days in a row of her diaper-free, with no accidents.  I am almost afraid to say it, for fear that I'll jinx it, but I think she may be potty trained! 

To mark this momentous event, I decided that we would do a little bathroom shuffle around here,  You see, Sydney has always had her bath, with Momma in our ensuite soaker tub since she's been out of her baby bath.  The three of us have happily used the same bathroom since Sydney's been born.  There is a perfectly good bathroom just off of her bedroom that serves as our guest bathroom a couple of times a year, and it was just begging to get turned into her own little bathroom.


So this morning, I hauled all of the bath toys out of our ensuite and set up her bathroom to be all her own!  I was actually surprised at how excited Sydney was to have her own bathroom!  She asked to have two baths all on her own in her own bathtub today and was super thrilled to see all of her toys and kid friendly decorations there!  


With all of these changes, and marching steadily towards independence, I thought I'd broach the subject of getting her to sleep in her own bed by asking her if she wanted Mommy to buy her a new big girl bed for her bedroom.  She was thrilled and asked me to leave right away to go and get it!  Couldn't believe it!  I am going to have to make good on my promise and get her her beloved bed and see if we can't coax her out of our bed and into her own over the next few weeks.


What a difference a few weeks makes!  Just a month ago Sydney was still in diapers, wouldn't hear of having a bath without Mommy, and cried at even the thought of having to sleep in her own bed.  My baby is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment