Wednesday 11 July 2012

Bellingham


 
Today Sydney and I took a little road trip to Bellingham to do a little shopping.  I love shopping in the states and am always glad when I can squeeze in a day here and there with Syd to pick up a few things.

Before we left, I thought we'd start our day off on a healthy note and made a yummy smoothie for breakfast with the fresh local strawberries I bought yesterday, it was delicious!



It was such a beautiful day for a drive, the weather was amazing and hot.  The city has been quite hazy the past few days with smoke blowing in from wildfires not only in the Okanagan, but as far away as Siberia!  It makes for a beautiful sunset and hazy, warm days.

We got across the border in record time and made Target at Bellis Fair our first stop.  Sydney absolutely loves to shop, not unlike her old Mom!  She had such fun roaming through the aisles and filling up her shopping basket with whatever interested her.  They had their school supplies set up already so she thought she'd died and gone to heaven when she saw all of the art supplies for sale!


I got all of my usual fare there along with a couple of fun things.  I found some great cupcake themed party items for Syd's cupcake birthday party coming up in November so thought I'd get them and stock up now in preparation!  They even had little cupcake candles, so cute!


Sydney is so into Dora these days, so I couldn't resist getting her a few Dora branded things today too, some new shoes for school, a new cup and, the best ever, Dora panties!






After loading up at Target Syd and I headed to the food fair and had some pizza for lunch before stopping by a few other stores quickly to see what they had on sale.  There were some amazing summer sales!  Got a bunch of things from Children's Place for Syd at 50% off the last price!  Couldn't resist stocking up on a few sun suits and such for when we head to Hawaii later this year!



No trip across the line would be complete without a stop at Trader Joe's.  We happily filled our cart in record time, stocking up on both new and old favourites!  Sydney loves their chocolate covered frozen bananas so much, she practically ate an entire package in the car on the way home before crashing for a good long afternoon nap!


We stopped quickly at Panda Express on the way home to get some takeout for dinner tonight, kind of our tradition when I spend the day in Bellingham!  It was delicious!


It was a very fun day shopping and Syd was such a good girl for me.  I was telling her how much I look forward to many more shopping trips with her in the future as she gets older!

Tomorrow is Paul's Mom's birthday so Sydney decided to paint a canvas for her today for her present:


I think it is absolutely beautiful and know that Bubbie is going to love it!

What a great summer day with my girl today!




No comments:

Post a Comment