Friday 27 July 2012

Canada Cookies and Mel's Birthday

 
 
Happy Friday!  What a fun, long day we had today!  I am blissfully exhausted as I sit at the computer gathering my thoughts, trying to remember what moments I want to capture from today.

Today was a very special day for our friends Michelle and Iain.  They officially became Canadian citizens today with their formal citizenship ceremony this morning.  To mark this very special occasion, Lori, Sally, Christina and I got together this morning and baked and decorated sugar cookies shaped like maple leaves and Canadian flags.


It was such fun working together to make the cookies!  I hit up Dollarama earlier this week and got a bag of Canadian tourist stuff to include with the cookies and we dropped off the goodies on their front porch while they were gone so they had a lovely surprise when they got home. 


This afternoon Sydney and I drove up to Squamish to see our cousins Melanie, Carmen and Sharlene and my Aunt Trish and her husband Cliff.  It was Melanie's 33rd birthday today and we used the day as an excuse to get the entire family together for a barbecue at Auntie Trish's.  It was such a fun time!  Sydney loved playing with their dog Coco and at the playground!


She also had fun playing with her cousin Kaylee, such a little sweetie sporting one of Sydney's dresses from when she was a babe.


Melanie barbecued up the most delicious chicken and steak which we so enjoyed with Cliff's famous potato salad along with some very fancy drinks.  Here's my green apple sour, sans booze!


After dinner we went for a stroll down to the Mamquam river, it was absolutely beautiful.  Sydney was delighted to be able to walk Coco herself, proudly holding the leash the whole way there!


Melanie made herself the cutest cake too, a little summer scene!


My sister and her family came up too, it was such fun having everyone together for the first time in well over a year!  Liane brought me some fresh lettuce from her garden, what a nice treat!


Auntie Trish stashed a little something in my purse for Sydney on the way home, a stack of stickers and a sticker album, the perfect surprise for Syd!


What a great family time it was, so glad to enjoy a wonderful summer evening with everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment