Wednesday 4 July 2012

Independence Day

 
Happy 4th of July to all of my friends in the US!  We were so thrilled to wake up to a full blown summer day today with a blue sun filled sky!

Sydney and I were up and out of the house early again this morning to head to her second day of summer camp.  I spent the better part of last night chatting with her about today and the counsellors and how I was going to bring her a treat if she stayed at camp all by herself with no crying.  Hey, a little bribe never hurt anyone!  Little Miss Syd decided to declare a little independence day of her own, and after a little sniffle, settled nicely into class today and had a very fun day at camp!


This meant that I got a bonus two and a half hours to myself this morning!  I had a couple of errands to run at Oakridge, so I thought I'd quickly pop by the mall and then grab a coffee, find an outdoor table in the sun, and enjoy a few rays.  That was, until I saw the amazing summer sales that were on at the mall....I took full advantage of the incredible deals and stocked up on all the birthday presents we'll be needing for summer along with a few other things for Sydney and myself.  It was such a treat to be able to have a little time to myself to shop, I really do love shopping!


I picked Sydney up from camp and she was happy as could be.  It was awesome!  We had lunch at the JCC, Sydney's choice, she loves the cheese pizza there more than anything!  After lunch, at Syd's request, we headed to Splash toy store on Dunbar.  Sydney absolutely adores this toy store.  One of her favourite things ever is to push a real crying Corolle doll around in it's stroller.  Today, as usual, she bee-lined it for the stroller and just as she started her rounds of the store, the gal who works there asked me if I wanted to take the demo stroller that she was using  home with us today.  Apparently the store is feeling a little too crowded and they are needing to clear some things out, so they thought of Sydney and offered her the stroller.

We were only too thrilled to get it!  Sydney proudly pushed it out of the store, I'm pretty sure she would have walked the whole way home with it if I'd let her!  It is such an awesome stroller, made by Corolle and so life-like!


We also inherited the Wow Toys play table that the store had outgrown!  What a lucky day to happen upon the toy store when they were cleaning house!  The table has found a new home in Sydney's playroom and now houses all of her Wow Toys.


This afternoon Sydney came with me to visit Tammy at Allure Health and Beauty while I had a pedicure done.  She was such a good girl the whole time I was there, carefully looking through all the different colours of nail polish and then sitting in a chair beside me watching intently at everything that Tammy was doing.  When I was finished, she loudly announced "I want my toes painted too!”  So sweet, sweet Tammy let her hop up on the spa bed and did a mini pedicure for her too!  She even let Sydney choose her own colour of polish, she picked a pinkish-orange, but once the first coat went on she decided that she liked Mommy’s colour better, and insisted on having the second coat done in the same polish as mine.




In the end, we had matching happy toes!  It was a wonderful memory!



What a sensational day with my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment