Sunday 15 July 2012

Mellow Weekend


 
We are just on the tail end of a very mellow weekend.  On Friday evening, I looked at the next two days to come in my day timer and saw nothing but a giant blank white space on both days.  What a nice feeling to know that we had two whole days stretched out in front of us to fill any way we saw fit.

As it turned out, we spent a couple of lazy days running a few errands, eating out, ordering in, watching TV and hanging out in our backyard.  It was nice to just chill and not worry about having to be anywhere or do anything.  Paul and I enjoyed gin and tonics in the blazing heat of Saturday and woke up to a complete change in weather this morning, cool, cold and rainy!  Given the weather, we shelved our plans to head to Steveston to spend the day today, and drove out to the club for breakfast instead. 

Here's a few snippets from the weekend:


At long last I finally got myself a new pair of runners from Ladysport on 4th Ave!  The trainers at my gym had been teasing me about the 'slippers' that I'd been wearing for the longest time and these Asics Gel Nimbus 13 are just what I need to stop the ribbing!  Love them, so comfortable and pink!  Who could ask for more? 


Spent Saturday afternoon at Granville Island.  It was the most crowded I have ever seen it in my life!  So many tourists and locals enjoying the weather!  The flowers there are amazing right now!  Sydney enjoyed some fries and the view of the boats and trying on sunglasses and hats at one of the shops there!
 





Squeezed in a visit to Sydney's favourite toy store, Splash on Dunbar, during the rain today.  Syd had fun wheeling the resident 'baby' around in her wee shopping cart while picking up some new art supplies.
 



Had a coffee at Bean Town on Dunbar with Syd today too.


I love how kids need so little to occupy themselves. I literally have hundreds of toys for Sydney and yet she had the most fun playing with the sauce packages from our Panda Express takeaway last week.  She lined and organized those little packages a hundred times on the coffee table.  So little for so much entertainment!


Hope you all had a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment