Tuesday 17 July 2012

Music Camp



Today was the first of a three day Music with Marnie camp that Sydney is taking at the Kits Community Centre.  I have been taking Sydney to music classes on and off with Marnie since she was six months old.  They are so fun!  Marnie totally encourages the kids to get up and sing and dance and jump about and enjoy her music.  Her all time favourite hit "I Love Bubbles" is always the highlight of our time together, Marnie fills the entire room with bubbles and gives each of the kids a "bubble shower" with her bubble wand, it's great!


Sydney and I did the same music camp last summer, it was amazing to see the difference in Syd one year over the next.  She was participating so much more this year and came home singing some of the songs throughout the day, she really is taking in so much at this age, it's amazing!

After music camp, we took a little walk up to the Cupcakes store on Broadway to get Sydney a little treat to celebrate her accomplishments thus far with potty training.  We only had one accident today, she is getting there!


This afternoon my new housekeeper came over for a much overdue thorough cleaning of my house.  It felt so fantastic to get all my bathrooms scrubbed and the floors cleaned.  While she was here, Sydney and I did a bunch of cooking in the kitchen, made chicken soup and mini banana muffins and straightened and organized a few things around the house.  I feel fabulously ahead of the eight ball right now, will enjoy this feeling while it lasts because I'm sure it won't be around for long!


Late in the day, Sydney and I headed up to 4 Cats for our art class.  The kid's projects are coming along nicely and we so sincerely love classes with Mel.  It will be fun to see all of the summer art projects unfold.


Hope you are enjoying a sun-filled week wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment