Monday 30 July 2012

Pottery Camp

 
This morning started off with homemade waffles and giant poster paper painting.  A thouroughly therapeutic way to start the week!

Painting is a daily activity in our house.  It is, hands down, Sydney's favourite thing to do.  I keep her paint trays and giant bottles of washable paint in the kitchen at all times and at least once a day she drags her splash mat out of her art basket and asks me to paint, often first thing in the morning and in her pajamas.


In trying to keep it interesting for her, I've resorted to letting her paint different things, cards, wood, cardboard, poster paper.  It seems to make it all the more interesting if she can paint something new!

Sydney has recently developed a new love for my Ergo baby carrier, and often asks to be carried around in "Mommy's backpack", even when we're at home!  I thought I'd take advantage of this and see if I couldn't get her to sit in the Ergo while I did a bit of shopping today.  It worked brilliantly, we spent over an hour at the mall running errands and she sat happily strapped to the front of me, looking around and playing with my hair.  It reminded me of how easy errands were when she was a baby, before she knew how to move on her own!

This afternoon was the first day of our week-long Mom and PeeWee Pottery Camp at the Dunbar Community Center.  It was a fun class, we made coil bowls, one heart shaped and one in a circle and a little animal that was supposed to be a mouse, but ended up looking like something rather prehistoric!  Syd had fun playing with the clay and rolling snakes and balls for the first hour of class and then was clearly bored for the last half hour!  It might be a little long for her liking!  Luckily, the instructor is very easy going and said we could leave whenever our projects were done, so we headed to the park to play for a while.  I can't wait to see what everything looks like once it's fired, painted and glazed!





I decided to whip up a batch of homemade raspberry jam this afternoon while the local raspberries are still available.  I used the same recipe as last year, and many years before, and got seven jars of jam.  Can't wait to taste it!


It was a good start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment