Thursday 5 July 2012

Time to Myself



This morning I dropped Sydney off for day number three of her week long summer camp.  She actually did great with the drop off, no tears, no sniffles,  off she went just, as she had dozens of times before when I'd left her at preschool.  Sadly, it didn't last. and apparently she cried on and off for the entire two and a half hours, asking for me.  When I came to pick her up from camp, I asked her if she had a good time and she answered "Sydney crying."  That about sums it up.  Poor girl!



Meanwhile, I was oblivious to Sydney's discomfort, assuming that she was having a ball at camp so off I went to Superstore to do a little shopping.  I hadn't been to Superstore in such a long time!  It was fun to look through all the Joe Fresh clothes and pick up a few odds and ends for the house and a few of our favourite grocery items from their Blue Menu products!  I got Syd this super cute dress from Joe Fresh today:


I have to say that two and a half hours felt like a very long time being away from Syd today.  It will be interesting to see how both of us adjust to being away from each other four hours a day when she starts preschool in the fall.  I spent the last half hour of my time to myself scrambling around wondering what to do with myself!   What a strangely unfamiliar feeling!

This afternoon I had a workout scheduled at Body and Soul Fitness, so I dropped Syd off at Auntie Elaine's house for a couple of hours.  After the rough morning she'd had at school, I was afraid that she was going to fuss at Elaine's, but, like so many times before, they had the time of her life!  Elaine took her to the park, they had ice cream and candy and played with all of her cousin Tybie's vintage toys.  I picked her up to find her with her hair neatly brushed into a ponytail and happily munching on a Twizzler.  Fun times all around!

I felt like I didn't get a ton of quality time with Syd today with the way today's schedule worked out.  While it was nice to have a little time to myself, I did miss her during the day!


Syd continues to be the best Momma ever to her baby dolls, tonight she dragged out all of the usual 'getting ready for bed' supplies into the back yard and got her baby diapered and in her jammies after putting lotion on her and hair product in her hair.  It was super cute! She is loving her new stroller inherited from Splash Toy Store! I tell ya, this gal's going to make a great Momma one day!


No comments:

Post a Comment