Friday 6 July 2012

A Visit with Kim

 


Today was Sydney's last day of summer camp.  As a special treat, at the end of the week, the kids got to go swimming this morning at the JCC pool.  They had such fun splashing and playing in the pool.  The counsellors were amazing, getting all eleven children ready and into life jackets and then undressed, dried and into daytime clothes in record time! 


Sydney usually doesn't love wearing life jackets, so I was a bit worried about how it was going to go this morning.  She pleasantly surprised me when she happily put a life jacket on and eased herself into the pool with the other kids.  She played with the pool toys and even bravely went down the slide at the deep end of the kiddie pool.  I was very proud of her!


It was a fun week at camp and a good experience for Sydney.  I think she really enjoyed herself in the end.  We are returning for another week mid-August, will look forward to seeing everyone again then!

After camp was over for the day, Sydney and I hopped in the car and drove to Langley to visit my friend Kim and her sweet son Kieran.  Kim has the most beautiful sprawling back yard complete with a huge sandbox, hammock, and water toys galore!  Sydney and Kieran played really well together, happily digging in the sand and playing in the water.  I loved watching them interact with each other and have little conversations together! 



Kim is expecting her second baby in October.  She and I had a lovely visit and a great time chatting about the new baby and life as Mommas.  We have known each other for years, long before we settled down and had kids, and it's so cool to be able to share this time of our life together!

On the way home, Kim cut me a big bunch of fresh mint from her garden.  I love mint, it is so fragrant and fresh.  The car smelled amazing on the ride home!  I am feeling inspired to whip up one of my couscous salads with the mint this weekend! 


It was a fun day, we so enjoyed the amazing summer weather and all of the fun times outdoors and with friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment