Monday 9 July 2012

Waterpark

 
This morning I decided that Sydney and I would scratch another item off of our Summer Bucket List and head a few blocks away to Chaldecott Spray Park, our local water park.  Amazingly, this is the first time that I have ever taken Syd there, somehow we never got around to it last summer!

I texted my friends Christina and Lori late last night to see if they and their kids wanted to join us, and early this morning Sydney and I walked up to Christina's to meet her and Jack to walk up to the park together to meet up with Lori, Weston and Gwendolyn.

All of the kids were so funny at the park, not one of them got even a drop of water on them.  They in fact weren't interested in the water at all!  All they wanted to do was run around the perimeter of the water park or run towards the swings and playground.  We hadn't been there five minutes, when poor little Weston fell and gashed his elbow open.


Couple that with the fact that today was Sydney's first official day without diapers and I was sporting my own potty in the middle of the park!  Hillarious!


We finally managed to get the kids settled down for a minute on a picnic blanket and no sooner had we done that then, out of nowhere, one of the tires on my Mountain Buggy stroller burst with an incredible boom.  It was a little unbeliveable!

Before I even had time to think about what I was going to do and how I was going to get Sydney and all our stuff back home, my two amazing Mom friends leapt into action to help me.  Christina walked home and got her car, left me her stroller to walk home in, and took my broken one home for me.  Lori took my burst wheel and walked it up to the Dunbar Cycles shop to have the tube replaced and dropped it off later.  It wasn't until later that I thought about how amazing these ladies are to jump into action to help me at a moment's notice!  I truly am blessed to have such incredible friends in my life!

Sydney had a great first diaper-free day.  She managed to catch all of her business in the potty with the exception of one little accident while she was playing outside in the backyard.  She came in right afterwards and sheepishly said to me "Mommy, my shorts are all wet."  She's learning, and I'm sure it's going to get better every day!  I am grateful for the beautiful weather so that she can run around with her little bum flapping in the breeze while we potty train!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment