Wednesday 1 August 2012

Artsy Wednesday


 
This morning Sydney and I had plans to head to Richmond to the blueberry farm with our friends Sarah and Emma.  I had visions of the girls happily picking berries all morning and filling their little buckets and getting tons of great photos to capture the day.  We had to shelve our plans when Sarah texted to let me know that Emma was sick today!

We decided to postpone our trip to get blueberries for another day when Emma's feeling better, and Sydney and I spent a quiet morning at home together instead.  I decided to take advantage of these few found hours at home and got out my new Zoku popsicle maker to try making Bananaberry Popsicles.


They turned out really well and look so cool with whole slices of banana in them!  They taste really great, although I don't think they're quite sweet enough for Sydney's liking!  I may have to add a little more sweetener next time!

I also baked a delicious Peach, Strawberry and Blueberry galette, an open faced rustic looking fruit pie.  I found the recipe on one of my favourite food blogs, Dinner With Julie, and decided to give it a try.  This recipe is such a keeper, it is so delicious with such simple ingredients.  I often have a hard time making the perfect pastry, this recipe turned out completely perfect the first time round!  Love it!




While I was doing my baking, Sydney was busy working on some art projects on her own.  She decided to paint the Chinese lantern that I got from the art supply store the other day and we proudly hung it in her playroom afterwards!


She also created a collage-painting on her giant poster paper.  She was feeling in a super creative mood today!


After I had finished my baking,  we decided to take a little walk up to Dunbar Park.  My big girl pushed her very own baby in her stroller all thew way there and back, it was the sweetest thing ever, and we had more than a few people stop to comment on how sweet she looked pushing the baby's stroller!



We had a great pottery class this afternoon.  It was our third day, and our last chance to use clay to create things, as we will spend the next couple of days painting and glazing our finished projects.  We had a super productive time making things today!  Made a hanging name plate with Sydney's name on it:

 
We also went outside and collected leaves and flowers and made fossil-like impressions on plates and platters with them, it was such a neat effect!



Also made a vase and a decorative plate.  Am so looking forward to seeing the finished product when they've been fired for the last time after painting and glazing!


It was an art-filled day today!  Sydney sure had her fill of creativity!  


No comments:

Post a Comment