Wednesday 29 August 2012

Clean House



Since having Sydney, a clean house has become my nemesis.  I barely seem to find enough time in the day to keep things neat and tidy and stay on top of the laundry.  I never seem to get around to rolling my sleeves up and actually cleaning anything.

I conceded defeat shortly after Sydney was born, and decided to hire a housekeeper.  Since then I have had some great, some not so great and a lot of in between.  Just when I seem to find someone who does a great job and seems like a keeper, she decides to go back to school or find a full time job or move away!

I've learned during those weeks between housekeepers, when the house was getting progressively messier and dirtier,  to value each and every time that someone comes to clean.  This morning, my new housekeeper came to clean for the first time in a couple of weeks.  I savoured every moment of her being here and so love the feeling when she's done of walking into a freshly cleaned bathroom with fresh, fluffy towels and smelling all lovely and clean.

Sydney loves this new lady, follows her around like a little puppy and laughs and chats with her the whole time she's here.  It's really cute to see how quickly she took to her.  I kept having to peel her away from where the cleaning was happening so that the poor lady could get her work done!

While my house was being cleaned, Sydney and I were catching up on a few things around the house, watering the plants, making some phone calls, setting up some playdates.  We found a home for our sand dollars and shells that we brought home from Parksville with us, in a beautiful wooden bowl in the bathroom just off of Sydney's playroom.


Sydney is loving the new playdough that her friend Alexis gave her at her Bye Bye Diapers party on Sunday.  We played with it for a long time this morning, made some very cute little crabs together!



Early this afternoon, we jumped in the car and did a quick drive to Point Roberts to pick up some parcels, one of which had some birthday party favours for Sydney's loot bags for her party coming up in November.  We are doing a cupcake theme so I had some custom made cupcake shaped crayons made with a little label thanking everyone for coming to Sydney's party.  I am excited for the next couple of months of planning for her party!
 



The days are definitely getting shorter and shorter.  Early this evening, while I was driving home from the gym, it was already starting to get dark out and it was only 7:30pm!  I'm going to miss those nice long, hot summer days!


No comments:

Post a Comment