Friday 3 August 2012

Feeling the Heat



The weather has been sensational this week, hot and sunny, exactly as it should be smack dab in the middle of summer!  Sydney and I have been enjoying some time both outdoors and in.  We've had a slow and easy couple of days, it's a nice pace this time of year!

Last summer I bought Sydney a package of modelling clay from the toy store.  She was really into it for a while, mostly just liked taking it out of the package and stacking the cylinders.  It had been buried in the bottom of her art basket for the longest time until she discovered it again this week and has fallen in love with it all over again.


Every morning she asks to "play clay" and takes the clay out, cuts it into pieces with a butter knife and makes little characters like we do in art class.  Very cute!



We tried out our new Yonanas maker today, it is fantastic!  Makes incredible, delicious ice-cream like desserts simply from frozen bananas.  Sydney loved it too, I am so glad I got it as I can now sneak in so many more servings of fruit into her diet whist she's thinking it's ice cream!



Sydney and I tried out a new little joint for lunch today, Bigsby Bakehouse in Mackenzie Heights.  It is the neatest little shop, makes everything fresh on site, including all their bread, and has the most delicious, fresh lunches!  I had a super vegetarian quiche and cold gazpacho summer soup and Sydney had probably the best grilled cheese sandwich I have ever tasted in my life!  Such a great find tucked away in this unassuming neighborhood!


We finished up our last day of pottery camp today.  The last two days we spent painting all of the clay projects that we had created.  Sydney loved it!  Painting really is her favourite activity, so she was only too happy to spend two days painting all of our creations.

This morning we went downtown so I could get my hair cut and afterwards we stopped on Robson Street to do a little shopping.  I got Syd a few new things from Zara Kids, so cute!






The long weekend is ahead of us, I'm not too sure what it's going to look like, I've floated a few ideas out for things that we could do and am waiting for one to land.  Either way, the weather is meant to be amazing and I intend not to waste a minute of our time, will be out in the sun enjoying it!

Happy Long Weekend Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment