Friday 10 August 2012

Happy Toes


 
After a fun filled week of entertaining, Sydney and I spent today running a few errands.  We went to see Tammy first thing this morning for my monthly primping and plucking.  It is amazing to see how comfortable Sydney is at Tammy's spa now after having taken her there for months and months since she was just a wee babe.

Sydney is obsessed with nail polish right now.  Literally every single day she pulls out all my bottles of nail polish, lines them up and chooses a colour that she wants me to paint her toes.  She will patiently sit while I remove the old polish and reapply the new stuff and wait for it to dry.  Not wanting to expose her to too many unnecessary chemicals, I try not to do her toes too often, although saying no to this often ends up in tears.

Today while I was getting my pedicure done, Sydney spent the entire time sorting through the dozens of bottle of polish at Tammy's deciding which one she was going to have painted on her nails.  There was no question, she was getting her toes done today too and that was that.


In the end she chose a sparkly blue, it's actually very cute on her, looks like it fits a little girl compared to the bright reds and pinks that I've been painting her toenails with!  She was a very good girl the whole time Tammy did her mini pedicure, sat quietly and still and was very proud of her new sparkly blue toes when it was all done!  Such a girl, she is!


So we are both sporting happy summery toes today!



As is our tradition, after our time at Tammy's we headed to McDonalds for a little treat for Syd.  She happily sat in the high chair there and munched away on fries and her little yogurt.


While Syd and I were on our daily visit to Splash Toy Store today, I picked up a very cool Usborne book: "100 Things to Make or Do."  It's a great book with fantastic ideas for crafts and projects that I'm sure Syd and I will use on many a rainy day this fall and winter!


This evening Zach came over for dinner and we barbecued burgers.  I made up a big batch of my famous Spicy Jalapeno burgers and a Dilled New Potato Salad.  It was delicious!




Syd loved playing with Zach and we had a great visit.  It was a nice way to end the day!  Looking forward to the weekend and spending some great family time together!  


No comments:

Post a Comment