Sunday 5 August 2012

Steveston


 
This morning it was 25 degrees by 9:00am!  What a scorcher!  Sydney decided to sleep in until 8:30am, which was a nice treat.  We decided to head out to the club for breakfast and enjoyed a leisurely time together.  Sydney was the best behaved I have ever seen her, sitting nicely in her booster seat, happy and content for the entire length of breakfast.  It was really nice!


Syd dipped her toes in the pool at the club to cool off before we left!


After breakfast we took a drive down to Steveston to wander around and enjoy the weather.  Little did we know that every other Sunday there is a sensational summer market there, we were thrilled to happen upon it this morning!  It was so neat, vendors selling everything from beautiful pottery and jewellery to fruits and veggies and baked goods.




I got myself some organic Russian garlic, which I wait for every summer, from the farmer's markets.  It is amazing, such an incredible pungent garlic flavour, really changes the taste of dishes, it's amazing!  I was so happy to finally find some as I'd been looking for some all summer!


I also ran into an old colleague of mine from Mackenzie that I hadn't seen in seven years, Shannon.  She and I briefly worked on the same sales team together before she left on her maternity leave and I really enjoyed her as a person, she is very sweet!  She has taken her hobby of making beautiful jewellery and turned it into a business, and was selling her wares at the market this morning.  It was so fun running into her and catching up on what she's been up to for the past few years and admiring her gorgeous pieces!

After enjoying our time in Steveston, we had to stop quickly at Richmond Centre to run a couple of errands and I found the most amazing burnt orange leather tote at Banana Republic on an amazing sale.  I have had my eye on this handbag for a while and was thrilled to get it for a fraction of the cost that it had been!  I love handbags, am always so excited to get a new one and just love the fun new colour of this one!


Paul and I finally got around to moving my desk up to my new upstairs office today.  It felt great to get it all set up and for the room to be all mine officially!  I just love having my own space, an entire room decorated any way I want and devoted to all the things I love!  Fantastic!


Sydney decided to paint herself a canvas this afternoon, then after she'd finished she told me it was for me for my birthday, so sweet!


And speaking of birthdays, I am in the thick of planning and brainstorming ideas for Sydney's cupcake themed birthday party coming up in early November.  The other day I was out shopping and saw this most adorable cupcake necklace in a cupcake gift box and just had to get it for her birthday gift!  I hid it away, and wouldn't you know it, a couple of days later she found it and has been obsessed with it ever since!  She asks to wear it all the time!  It looks absolutely adorable on her, I can't resist putting it on her even though it was meant to be a birthday surprise!


Sydney has been dropping like a log into bed these days with all of the fresh air, sunshine and exercise she's been getting outdoors, so today after she went to bed quite early, I popped out and grabbed some sushi for Paul and I and we sat in the backyard just as it was starting to cool and enjoyed our dinner with a lovely glass of wine.  It was a fantastic way to end our fun summer day!  I'm loving all the adventures that the last couple of days have brought!  Gotta love long weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment