Thursday 16 August 2012

Walmart




Another beautiful day for Day #4 of summer camp for Sydney.  The drop-offs are not getting any easier, but she is settling down far quicker every day which is encouraging.  We are making progress!  I love that when I went to pick her up today she didn't want to leave!  She was painting and happy and could have stayed for longer for sure.  Warmed my heart!

She painted a Shabbat bag today, very pretty!


I decided to drive down to Walmart while Sydney was at camp this morning.  I rarely get there, and it had most everything I had on my list today under one roof, so off I went!  I really do love big box shopping, or really shopping in general, to be honest.  I leisurely strolled down the aisles with my cart, taking time to stop and look at things and read labels, things I never get to do when shopping with an active toddler. 

Got Syd a little addition for her music basket, a new recorder! She was quite tickled by how easy it was to play!


I spent a fair amount of time in the kids clothing section finding some new things for Syd to wear to school this fall.

Got her this super cute pink knit poncho:


And a sweater dress:


And a Hello Kitty hoodie, which was oh so popular:


But by far the hit of the day today was the two piece Dora outfit:


Sydney grabbed it out of the bag when we got home, held it up in the air and let out a breathless "Oh, I LOVE it!"  It was awesome!  She ripped the tags off immediately and insisted upon changing out of her outfit and putting it on right away.  It looked oh so cute on her!


The new Dora outfit certainly got it's fair share of use this afternoon, Sydney spent the afternoon painting and playing in the water and sand in the backyard and digging in the garden with Daddy when he got home.  She was a splendid mess by the time the day was done!  Here's today's masterpiece,  she was in a really red mood today!  I love that she covered literally every square inch of the canvas!


We spent a little time baking this afternoon, made some mini banana muffins and cookies and got ourselves organized around the house.  It was slow moving as it was so hot today!  We hung out in the cool playroom for quite a bit, it was nice!

I am so proud of Sydney this week, sticking it out at camp despite the difficult goodbyes in the morning.  She has had such fun with her friends and doing all of the activities that the week has brought!  

No comments:

Post a Comment