Friday 28 September 2012

A Facial, Shabbat & Macaroons


 
Friday!  What a great end to the week!  My morning started on a lovely note as I finally got around to using a gift certificate that my friend Lori had given me months ago for a facial at Le Petit Spa.

This little spa, tucked away in Point Grey, not far from our home, is a lovely space to get away for some relaxation.  The spa is filled with all things lavender, they even send every client home with a little lavender sachet!  I had a lovely Dermalogica facial this morning, it was so relaxing, at one point I even drifted off for a few minutes!


I left looking all aglow and radiant!  I love how having a facial literally shaves years off your face!

After my time at the spa, I joined Sydney's preschool class for a family Shabbat in her classroom.  It was a lovely time of songs, lighting candles, eating challah and visiting with all of the parents and kids!


After school Sydney and I hit up the semi-annual toy sale at her favourite toy shop, Splash.  Sydney had had her eye on a few things for the past several weeks so we took advantage of the sale today and got her some great things:

Hello Kitty!  I can't tell you how many times she has asked me to buy this for her!


Ladybug umbrella, looks super cute with her ladybug raincoat and boots!



New jammies!


When we got home there was a parcel waiting in the mail for me, a present from my friend Brandie.  She sent me a lovely handmade purse and some hand knit socks for Sydney.  I love how she couldn't resist tucking something for Sydney into the parcel!


Tonight my friend Michelle and I went to a Macaroon making class that we had signed up together at the Simply French Cafe.  It was such a wonderful time!  We learned to how to make authentic French macaroons with several different fillings, tried our hand at piping the cookies and filling them, and sat and drank champagne and ate truffles while we waited for them to bake!



Our instructor, Sarah, gave us tons of great tips on making these rather technique sensitive treats!  Can't wait to try them out myself at home!


We each got to take home a few wrapped up, they are absolutely delicious!


It was such a fun way to spend an evening together!  I'm determined to do more things like this in the future, so nice to learn something new!

Michelle brought me a little birthday gift today too, some beautiful organic Russian garlic and a bottle of gourmet chopped garlic as well!  Such a thoughtful gift as she knew I had been looking for this specific garlic that I love to cook with!


Looking forward to a fun weekend celebrating my birthday and spending some time together as a family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment