Saturday 15 September 2012

A New Library



Today was a perfectly beautiful Saturday!  The weather was in the mid twenties, the sun was shining and it felt like a summer day!  I have been itching to start wearing all of my fall knits, leggings, boots and overcoats so I seem to be overdressing everywhere I go these days, peeling layers off in a mad fury when I overheat in the sun!

We spent the morning running some errands, went to IKEA to get a few things for Sydney and check out the beds there, as we are finally getting around to getting her a big girl bed!  Hit up Costco while we were in the neighborhood, stopped by for a quick visit with Bubbie and then to Paul's office to see an emergency patient.  It was hectic!  I was glad to finally get home and relax for a moment once all the running around was done.

We took our new Bugaboo stroller out for it's first official walk today with Sydney.  It's lovely, so much more compact than my Mountain Buggy and handles like a dream!  Am so happy to have it!


My friend Felicity dropped off a huge stack of books for Sydney today that her son Carl had outgrown.  Sydney was so thrilled to get them!  She literally spent at least twenty minutes sifting through them on the front porch before she let me bring them inside!  I had just been thinking that I should pick up some new books for Syd as I think we're both getting a little tired of the ones that we have now and have read a million times!


Felicity read my mind and now we have more new books than we know what to do with!  It's fantastic!  Lots of them are books that revolve around the Jewish holidays too, I love that I'll be able to read special stories with Sydney when Hannukah or Purim or Passover comes along!

Sydney made some lovely cards for Rosh Hashanah at school on Friday, covered in stickers and stamps.


Syd had her first art class of the fall season at 4 Cats on Friday.  She is in the big kids class now, and can go all by herself for the hour long session!  I feel a bit sad that I don't get to be there anymore, I loved going to art together with her!  She really didn't want me to leave at first but quickly got engrossed in the artwork and forgot about the fact that I had slipped out the door!  She is enrolled in the artist of the month series and this month they are learning all about Claude Monet.  Can't wait to see some of her impressionist paintings!




Paul stopped by to see her in art class on his way home from work too and an hour later when we came back to pick her up she was covered in paint, it was everywhere, in her hair, on her face and all over her hands!  I think she had a pretty great time!


Tomorrow night is the first night of Rosh Hashanah and we are heading to our friends for dinner to celebrate together.  Sydney has been quite busy choosing a dress to wear to dinner, she asked me to lay out all of her choices on her bedroom floor so that she could pick one.


She finally settled on the grey, knit dress and then proceeded to choose a hairband, shoes, scarf, panties and socks to wear with it and laid it all out in her window seat for the big event tomorrow! I can only imagine what she's going to be like as a teenager if she's like this at three years old!

The next few days will be a special time of celebrations as we mark the start of the Jewish New Year with Rosh Hashanah.  We are so looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment