Thursday 27 September 2012

Autumn Days




Today was another absolutely fantastic autumn day in Vancouver!  We are apparently breaking weather records all over the place with the longest stretch of dry weather that we've had since 1907!  It hasn't rained since August 1st, seems hard to believe that it's ever going to be wet again with these gorgeous, sunny, blue-sky fall days!

Late last night while I was packing Sydney's lunch, I decided to leave a special note inside her lunch kit to surprise her.


She laughed like crazy when she saw it and then asked me why I used her Hello Kitty sticker.  It was pretty funny!

While Sydney was at school, I got my fill of big box shopping.  I headed out to Richmond, hit up Dollarama, Michaels and Costco. 

Got a few Halloween treats for Sydney's friends for some special treat bags that we'll be dropping off to them closer to the end of October.  Sydney and I had fun putting them together this afternoon.


I got Sydney this very cool art caddy at Michael's today for her to store and organize some of her most frequently used art supplies.  I gave her the task of filling it up today, so we sorted through her art basket and pulled out everything that we thought would be best stored in the caddy.


In the end, this is what it looked like.  She loves having everything so accessible!


We even discovered a few things deep in the art basket that we had forgotten about, like a giant bottle of glitter glue, which Sydney had a blast playing with this afternoon!


I am feeling most inspired to make a few more autumn crafts, so this afternoon while Sydney was napping, I pulled out one of the dozens of Mason jars that my friend Michelle had given me, sat outside in the sun, and covered it with leaves and modge podge glue to make an autumn hurricane lantern.




It looked so cool with a tealight lit up inside of it!


Sydney and I took full advantage of the beautiful day and went out for another walk and tricycle ride late this afternoon.


I am loving the beautiful fall colours everywhere!



 
We stopped for a little play time at the park at the end of the street:


And came home to a surprise on our front porch, my friend Christina left us a still warm, home baked apple cranberry pie!  It was so delicious and such a nice treat for dessert tonight!


I am loving these last few days of September, the beauty of fall, settling into our new schedule and finding time for plenty of fun things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment