Friday 21 September 2012

Autumn

 
Today is officially the first day of fall.  It sure felt like it around here, the weather took a turn from the gorgeous sunny days that we had been having, today was cloudy and cool.  Seems our Indian Summer might be coming to an end...welcome autumn!

This morning while Sydney was at preschool I decided to head back to the fitness studio where I did my pre and post natal fitness classes and do a Hard Core Mommies class.  It was so nice to be back, to see the trainer Susi again, and to reconnect with some Moms that I hadn't seen in many months.  I had a fantastic workout, was dripping with sweat and exhausted by the end, just the way I like it!  Am excited that I'll be able to take in a few more of these classes now that I have a new schedule with Sydney in school.

After all that exercise, I thought I'd unwind by doing a little shopping, so I headed down to 4th Avenue to leisurely wander through the shops and try on a few things.  I'm not sure why, but I wasn't really in the mood to buy anything today, just mostly wanted to window shop and check out the fall fashions.  I ended up getting one thing for Sydney, this very cool flower press so that she can preserve some of those flowers that she's been picking on her tricycle rides lately!


After preschool today I had a meeting with Sydney's teachers as I have volunteered to be the parent representative for Sydney's class.  It is a fun job that involves helping the teachers plan lots of fun events for the class throughout the year.  I am excited to be a part of the planning!

Sydney had another art class this afternoon at 4 Cats.  Today she finished her canvas painting, her own interpretation of Monet's famous bridge paintings.  See the resemblance?



While Sydney was at art class, Paul and I snuck in a little daytime date and went to Starbucks to enjoy some lattes together.  It was nice to have some time to chat and connect.


Sydney and I took a few minutes to pop by her favourite store, Splash today so she could do a little "shopping" with the wee shopping cart and baby there!


After art class Sydney and I popped by our friend Christina and Jack's house for a playdate with our friends Sally and Ollie.  It felt so good to see everyone again after a busy few weeks of school and activities.  I missed my Moms and it was great to catch up and relax over a glass of wine this afternoon!

It has been a full and fun week, looking forward to a relaxing weekend ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment