Sunday 9 September 2012

Bard and a Gala



 
Sundays are usually nice quiet family days, a reprieve from the busyness that our weeks usually are.  Today was not exactly a nice quiet day, but a fabulous one nevertheless!

This morning Paul, Syd and I drove out to the club for breakfast.  I love that Sydney is getting so much better about sitting still and actually eating her meal when we go out!  She looked like such a big girl perched in her booster seat eating her toast, eggs and hashbrowns and asking us questions about the golfers on the 9th hole that the dining room looks over!

On our way back into town, we stopped for a quick visit with Paul's Mom, as is our habit on Sundays.  Sydney always looks forward to these visits, not only because she can see her Bubbie, but because she has her two favourite treats while we're there: licorice and salami.  I know, it sounds like a weird combination, but those are the two things she eats every time we're there!

This afternoon we attended a gala that my friend Harv puts on every year in honour of her husband's mother who died a few years ago of a rare condition called Scleroderma.  This gala is put on as a fund raising event and to raise awareness of the disease and help to fund research for it.


Harv did such an amazing job with the gala this year!  The room was beautifully decorated, the kids had a bunch of activities including a bouncy castle, carnival games and face painting.  Syd opted to get her hand and forearm painted and came home sporting a beautiful butterfly and a flower. Sydney especially loved the bouncy castle, I couldn't keep her away from it!





We were served the most amazing Indian food and so enjoyed sharing a table with our friends Liz, Nick and Kaitlyn and Michelle, Iain and William. 

It was a lovely event and we were so happy to be able to support a cause that is so near to Harv's heart.

I also had a very special evening tonight as I went to Bard on the Beach with my friend Paula.  She and I have been going to Bard every year for the past five or six years and have seen a variety of different plays over the years, but this year was, by far, my favourite!


We saw the Merry Wives of Windsor, it was so hillarious and so well cast with great musical numbers!  I laughed and totally enjoyed myself!  In fact, I can't remember the last time I had such a good time, it really was fabulous!


The weather turned sideways just as I was driving down to meet Paula and started raining cats and dogs, but there was something so cozy about being bundled up in the tent watching the play, while the rain pelted down on top of us!


So it has been a busy Sunday but a fabulous way to start a new week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment