Saturday 29 September 2012

Happy Birthday Marcus


 
I have been dying to dig out my knits and boots for the entire month of September.  This morning, I could stand it no longer, even though the weather still feels like summer in many ways, I pulled on my skinny jeans, ripped the tag off a sweater I bought on clearance at the end of last winter, pulled on some new boots that I had tucked away, and loved every minute of it!


Paul went to have his hair cut this morning so Sydney and I tagged along and decided to hit up our favourite art supply store, Urban Source, on Main Street and got another bag filled with fun art supplies which we will use over the weeks to come for many an art project.  Sydney just loves going to this store, filling her little basket with whatever she wants, and paying one flat fee!  It's fantastic!


When we got home there was a surprise waiting for me on the front porch, a gorgeous bouquet of fall flowers from my friend Janice for my birthday.  They are so beautiful and completely go with all of the fall decor that I've got going on at home these days!  What a lovely surprise it was!



We got Sydney another little something from the Splash Toy Store sale, the sweetest little purse.  She is so adorable carrying it around and hooks it on the handle of her baby stroller and pushes it all around the house!


Inside she tucked this challah cover that she made at school yesterday:


This afternoon Paul surprised me with an unexpected trip to Tiffany & Co to get a birthday gift for me!  I had such fun trying on a bunch of different beautiful pieces before settling on a gorgeous sterling silver bead bracelet that I've long loved!  It was such a special and meaningful gift!


Even though my birthday isn't technically until tomorrow, I feel so spoiled and loved already by everyone!  I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family who make me feel so special at this time of year and the whole year through!

Late this afternoon Sydney and I headed to Westside Family Place for her friend Marcus' 3rd birthday party.  It was such a fun time of seeing lots of friends that we haven't seen in a few months and the kids had so much fun playing outdoors together!


Marcus' Grandma is here visiting from Denmark, and made all of the food for the party, including some amazing breads and a lovely, healthy birthday cake too!


It was a fun way to end our day!  Sydney was pooped after all the excitement of the party and our day and hit the sack early tonight so Paul and I ordered sushi in and had a few hours together to chill and unwind.  It was a lovely end to the day!

Looking forward to spending my birthday day with Paul and Syd and my Moms tomorrow!  


No comments:

Post a Comment