Monday 3 September 2012

Labour Day Weekend



 
How can it be that we are already three whole days into September?  Why do I have the feeling that this month is going to race by at warp speed?  Bring it on!  I love September and the busyness of it all.  By the time my birthday rolls around on the very last day of this month, I am ready to come up for air from all the fun!

We just returned home from a wonderful long weekend spent in Whistler.  It so felt like fall there, the air was cold and crisp and the leaves were already starting to change colour.  I could even see my breath in the air as I stood on our patio early this morning.  It's official, summer has headed for the hills!


Whistler village was the busiest I have ever seen it in my life!  I absolutely could not believe how many people were there!  This made it slightly less relaxing than we had hoped for, but we made the best of it, spend a ton of time swimming in the pool at our hotel and finding little peaceful spots away from the masses.


I ran into literally a dozen people that I knew up there!  My past colleague from Mackenzie, Sarah and her Mom and daughter were staying at the same hotel as us, we spent a morning together at breakfast and the pool, it was fun to catch up and hang out for a bit.

Saw a few gals that I knew from baby fitness too, Celeste, Suzanne, Alison, and ran into my friend Tracy and her daughter Alexis while we were playing at the playground in the village centre.  Such fun!



The village of Whistler had set up a big kids fair in the Olympic plaza on the grassy space, where the kids could play with tons of great outdoor toys, get their faces painted and run around.  Sydney had such fun kicking a soccer ball around, I am amazed at how good she is at kicking the ball directly into the net!  Maybe I have a budding soccer player on my hands!


We met up with Paul's brother and his wife at the Whistler Farmer's Market in the upper village on Sunday morning.  It was so fun seeing the artisans and farmers with all of their amazing wares!  I had long been hunting for some organic Russian garlic, and found myself a huge bundle tied together with some gorgeous flowers!  This will last me through the winter until I can round up some more when spring hits!


I popped into Hatley as well, I so love their kid's stuff, and they were having an awesome sale so I got Sydney a couple of things.


She chose this ladybug outfit out herself, the smallest size they had was 5, but she wouldn't let me leave without it!  Sure hope she still loves ladybugs by the time she heads to Kindergarten!


Got this very sweet pink dress too, Syd says it's "just like Daddy's" because the collar is exactly like Daddy's golf shirts!  Too cute!


We did a huge walk around the Valley Trail on Sunday and spent the evening relaxing and enjoying a few glasses of wine together once Syd was asleep.


It was a lovely way to spend the long weekend and to usher in September in one of our favourite places in the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment