Saturday 1 September 2012

Last Few Days of Summer




I simply cannot believe how much it feels as though summer has ended overnight!  The air is cooler and crisper, flowers are starting to fade away and I can feel everyone ramping themselves up for the busyness that is September.

We have had a nice couple of days, it's been a good way to end August.  Here's a few snapshots:

Playdates:

We spent yesterday morning with our friends Christina and Jack and Lori and Weston playing and drinking coffee and chatting.  So, so nice to hang with my girls.  Christina and Lori have become two of my best Mom friend and I so love spending time with them!


This morning we hung out with our friends Sally and Ollie at their place.  Took the kids to the park to play for a while, Sydney had such a fun time on the slides and in the wading pool and having a little picnic on the grass!



A Gift:


My sweet friend Lori couldn't make it to our Bye-Bye Diapers party, so she dropped off a gift this week for Sydney, an awesome book called "Is Your Buffalo Ready for Kindergarten?"  It is the perfect gift for Syd who will be starting preschool in just over a week!

Library Time:

Sydney suddenly got it in her head that she wanted to go to the library today, so up to Dunbar we trekked.  She sat in a little chair, eagerly pulling books off the shelves and reading them, having the time of her life, it was very sweet!


In the end, we got about 15 books for her to take home and managed to keep them all contained in a "library basket" so they don't get mixed in with her own books.  She couldn't wait to have me read them to her when I got home!  I love that she loves books and can only hope that it continues and that she's a strong reader when she's older!


Wildflower Bouquet:


We picked what is, I'm sure, our last wildflower bouquet of the season today on our way home from the library.  All the flowers out there are all starting to wilt away from their amazing summer spent blooming.  We put this last bouquet in the vase that Sydney made at pottery camp this summer to enjoy!

Try, try again:


So I got a new camera a few weeks ago.  I got some amazing pictures with it, but really disliked so many of the functional things about it.  I couldn't stand it any longer, and broke down and gave it back.  So today, I went back to the camera store and got the updated version of the camera I now own.  It is familiar and a great little camera and I think I'm going to love it as much as I have the one I now am retiring!

September:

I flipped the calendar a day early today to reveal what tomorrow will bring, September.  I love September in so many ways, back to school, the freshness and newness of it all, the high holidays, my birthday, just to name a few.  I couldn't help but laugh when I looked at what the calendar picture said for this coming month: "Serenity".  Ha!  September is anything but serene, but thanks for the thought!


Our summer has been simply amazing.  I have loved every minute of it.  We have made some great memories, visited some new and well loved places, connected with friends and soaked up the sun.  I couldn't have asked for a better time with my girl!  Looking forward to what this fall will bring for us!



No comments:

Post a Comment