Wednesday 19 September 2012

Midweek


What a rush today was!  It was fast paced and busy and filled with fun things, just the way I like it!  Sydney was back to preschool today after two days off for Rosh Hashanah.  She wasn't quite ready to get up at 7:00am when we needed to get going, as she had gotten to bed later than usual last night being out of our routine and all.  It took a little coaxing to get her going this morning....here's hoping I don't have too many mornings where I'm having to hustle her along first thing after she wakes up!

While Sydney was at preschool I was out and about getting some errands done.  Did a grocery shop at Safeway and picked up a few fall decorations for the house:


I just love gourds, they are so beautiful and last for months.  They made the most gorgeous centerpiece for our kitchen table!

Stopped by Bopomo pictures too to view the photos that Sydney and I did a couple of weeks ago.  There are some really precious shots of her that so capture her personality!  I had a hard time settling on just a few to print and take home!

After my time at Bopomo, I hit up Dollarama to stock up on some fun stickers, toys and prizes for Sydney as I have promised her for the first month of school while she's getting used to being away from me, that I would bring her a little treat everyday for being such a big girl.  I have a bag stashed in the car filled with dollar store treats which she will enjoy for days to come!

I also picked up some new canvases and acrylic paint for Sydney while I was at the dollar store so we set up in the backyard this afternoon and she had a grand time painting!  At one point I saw her painting her entire hand and making hand prints, it was very cute!  I pulled out the poster paper so she could make a bigger painting and she made her version of a rainbow...so sweet!

 
We had our second swimming lesson of the fall this afternoon.  Sydney had a blast right up until they went down the slide and she got water up her nose at the very end of class!  She cried and wanted out of the pool right after that!  Poor girl!  I am so proud of her going into the pool all on her own for swimming lessons, she is getting so much more independent and is feeling confident and secure, it's fantastic!


I had my workout with the trainer tonight at the gym, so Sydney and Daddy went for a long tricycle ride around the neighborhood together.  Paul was so impressed by how strong Sydney was being able to pedal herself up some pretty steep hills! 

Before bed tonight Sydney insisted upon setting out her clothes for preschool tomorrow.  When I came into her room a few minutes later, this is what I saw:


She told me that these were her clothes for tomorrow, one pile for preschool, one for gymnastics, one for doing whatever we want, one for going to Michelle's and one for going to the bank.  I'm not sure that all of that is on the agenda for tomorrow but apparently she is going to need five wardrobe changes over the course of the day!

I love that she set everything out right down to the panties!


This could mean an awful lot of laundry for me....

My day ended on a wonderful note with a surprise phone call from my friend Sally in Australia!  It was so wonderful to hear her voice and catch up with a conversation!  I miss her!  Will have to make a point of visiting Sydney's namesake city, Sydney, Australia to visit Sal one of these days! Here she is three years ago with her second sweet babe Amelia at my baby shower!


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment