Sunday 30 September 2012

My Birthday



Today is my 37th birthday, and what a lovely day it was!  From the moment I got up this morning, I felt so loved by everyone.  All day I received texts and e-mails and phone calls from friends and family.  It was so heartwarming to know that so many people were thinking of me today!

Our morning started slow and easy.  Sydney had a particularly restless night last night, waking up about 15 times!  She decided that she was ready to start her day at 5:00am so I was up with the birds, bright and early.

We decided to dig through the bag of art supplies that we picked up yesterday at Urban Source and spent a while making a collage with all of the interesting bits and pieces that Sydney had collected.


Once we were up and dressed and ready to start our day we went out to find a strong cup of coffee that both Paul and I seemed to desperately need this morning!  We ended up at Wicked Cafe, just steps from Zach's house so we had our coffee and then popped by his place for a quick visit.

This afternoon my Dunbar Moms took me out to Sandbar for an amazing lunch!  I can't tell you how much this group of women has enriched my life!  I feel so fortunate to have gotten to know them and to call them my friends!  We had such a fun visit over lunch, laughed and made plans for future get togethers and drank more than a few bottles of wine!


All of the girls chipped in to get me a lovely gift, a $100 gift certificate to Sephora and a gift card to Blo so that I can get my hair done as well.  What a lovely and thoughtful gift, I will have so much fun using them both!


Sandbar is such a great restaurant, we so enjoyed our meal!  For dessert, the server brought out a bunch of plates of her favourite desserts all with candles in them for us to share.  It was fantastic!


My friend Lori brought me a little gift today too, a Foodie Collection of David's tea, which is a kit that includes recipes for cooking with tea, and a package of the Rooibos Birthday tea.  I absolutely loved it and can't wait to try some of the teas!


Paul's sister, Elaine stopped by today to wish me a happy birthday and brought me a lovely Chrysanthemum plant and birthday card.  I'm loving how many gorgeous fall flowers I have around the house these days!


This evening Paul, Syd, Zach, Miriam and I went to the club for dinner, the Prime Rib buffet.  It was so delicious!  What an indulgent day of amazing food I've had!

Zach and Miriam brought me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers as well.  I truly do adore fresh flowers and it makes it all the sweeter when someone you love gives them to you!


What a wonderful, wonderful day it was today.  I felt so loved and encouraged and so enjoyed the day of pampering and lovely meals out!

This past year has been amazing.  I have made so many incredible memories, I can only wish that the year ahead will be filled with just as many!  Looking forward to seeing what the year ahead brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment