Thursday 13 September 2012

New Things



I feel as though I spent the day power shopping today.  I'm not sure what overcame me, maybe it was having almost four hours to myself with Syd in school this morning, maybe it was all the back to school and end of summer sales.  Whatever the reason, I got so many great finds today!

Sydney did super well for another full morning at preschool today.  Saying goodbye to me isn't getting any easier, but she is settling down quicker and really enjoying her days.  Today after school the teachers e-mailed a group shot of the kids to all the parents.  It will be so neat to see the same picture at the end of the year to watch how much our kids have grown and changed!

So while Syd was at school I headed to Superstore, thinking that I would do a big grocery shop.  I ended up spending most of my time in the Joe Fresh clothing section, looking through clearance racks of things for both Syd and I and trying stuff on.  It was so nice to be able to leisurely try things on in the change room and take my time about making my mind up instead of frantically chucking clothes at the sales lady all the while praying they have a return policy while chasing your toddler around the store.

I ended up coming away with some things for me:
 


And, of course, a couple of things for Sydney, the most important of which was the Hello Kitty lunch kit for her.  She was super excited to get it after school today.  I've packed it full for school tomorrow!




I also got these citronella candles in flower pots to tuck away for next summer in the backyard:


And a giant Disney princess ball sprinkler and swimming floatation device for Sydney which I will surprise her with come next June:


After all the shopping at Superstore I headed to pick up Sydney from school, but not before I grabbed some jars of honey from the market in the lobby upstairs which I will be giving away, along with the honey jars I got yesterday, as hostess gifts for Rosh Hashanah. 



Syd and I headed to Paul's office for a few hours this afternoon to help out and then went off to gymnastics class.  Sydney loves watching the bigger kids in the gym do amazing gymnastics moves from the viewing area upstairs:




Phoenix Gymnastics was having a book sale today, so we picked up a couple of new kids books:


On our way home from gymnastics we were driving past Macgillycuddy's, one of my favourite consignment shops in Vancouver.  I have been searching high and low for a new stroller as the wheels on my Mountain Buggy seem to flatten if you look at them the wrong way.  I was desperately wanting the Bugaboo Frog, but didn't want to shell out the thousand dollars that it costs to buy one new, so thought that I would look for one used.  I saw a used one, in mint condition at Macgillycuddy's a few weeks ago, but it was still quite expensive so I passed on it.

Today, when we stopped in, I didn't see the stroller anywhere, so I assumed they had sold it.  Turns out, it was just being stored in the basement as there was no room to display it, and it had been reduced by $100.  It is literally in perfect condition, I don't think the wheels have even seen anything beyond pavement!  And it's red, which is exactly the colour I was looking for!  It was meant to be...I had to have it...so I bought it and I already love it so much!  It was, by far, the best find of the day!


Am looking forward to many a walk with Sydney in her new stroller!

Also got this little Canucks jersey for Sydney while I was there.  Figure she can wear it and cheer the Canucks on during hockey season this year!  Maybe we'll even take her to a game!


When we got home, Sydney wanted to go for a little walk, so I let her jump on her tricycle and ride around the neighborhood.  She had a blast, loved being able to be free and ride on her own!




She stopped every so often to pick a wildflower and tucked it into the cubby at the back of her trike.  We had another gorgeous bouquet when we got home today:


Paul came home with a treat today too, a case of "Pucker Up", a new drink, similar to Mike's Hard Lemonade, made by the Bassano Hard Soda company.  One of his patients is the president of the company and sent him a case today to try.  Looking forward to trying some!


Sydney and I harvested the last of the cucumbers that we grew this year in her garden.  So cute!  Thanks to Grandma and her green thumb for helping Syd successfully grow her first garden ever!


Am looking forward to the end of the week, it's been a busy one in new and exciting ways! 

No comments:

Post a Comment