Tuesday 18 September 2012

Talking in Bed



For the past couple of months, when it's time for Sydney to go to sleep, she has been using a variety of stalling tactics to stay up later so she doesn't have to go to bed.  My favourite tactic is when she climbs into bed, pulls the covers up under her chin and says "Mom, I want to talk in bed!"  I always ask her what she wants to talk about, it's usually about preschool or who's coming to her cupcake birthday party or what we're doing tomorrow.  I love the chats we have before bed, it is precious time that I will never forget!

Tonight when she told me she wanted to talk in bed and I asked her what she wanted to talk about she said, "I have no words to talk about tonight..."  So cute, she didn't have a thing on her mind that she needed to talk about, she was clearly at peace.  So we talked about tomorrow's schedule and all of her friends at preschool and swimming lessons before we called it a night.  So very sweet!

Sydney has been loving the new batch of homemade play dough that we made.  This morning she rolled and cut out an entire cookie sheet of play dough cookies:


We took advantage of the fact that Sydney had no school today and went to see Tammy to have our toes done.  Sydney and I chose matching bright pink today.  She sat like such a nice girl the whole time Tammy worked away on her toes!





After we saw Tammy, we drove downtown to meet up with my brother for lunch.  My brother has just started a new job as a Director of Education at an ESL school downtown so we were excited to see his new school and his very own private office!

We went out for a yummy sushi lunch, it was so nice to catch up with him and have a visit!


After lunch we ran a couple of errands downtown.  Hit up Kiehl's for a couple of things first.  I have fallen in love with their new Vanilla & Cedarwood fragrance.  It is sweet and woodsy without being too strong or musky.  I left with a bunch of samples of different products in this new scent to try.



We stopped by Tiffany & Co too to pick up a long overdue wedding gift for our friends Mike and Sarah:


Sydney decided to have a two hour nap this afternoon when we got home so I took some time to just chill and relax.  I happened upon my 'ideas binder' that I had saved from many years ago.  This binder is a collection of magazine clipping that I saved over a period of years with neat ideas for crafts, recipes, party ideas etc.


The first page inspired me and so I wrapped up one of the blueberry banana loaves that Sydney and I made yesterday and delivered it to my friend Michelle, leaving it on her front porch as a surprise for when she got home later in the day.


I am feeling inspired to get crafting some fall and Halloween decorations for around the house!  Stay tuned to see what I come up with!

Sydney got a special letter in the mail today too, another package of stickers from the sticker club from her friend Bea.  It is so cute to see how excited she is to get mail of her own to open, it's precious!


We have so enjoyed having a couple of beautiful days together.  Tomorrow is back to our usual schedule with school and activities, good times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment