Tuesday 25 September 2012

Terrific Tuesday

 
I looked at my daytimer late last night to see what today was going to look like, and I have to admit that I cringed a bit with how much I had stacked into one day.  Not sure what happened, but today just seemed to be one of those days where there was tons going on!  In the end it was a full and fun day with even a bit of time for down time!  Worked out well and we made some memories along the way!

This morning I volunteered in Sydney's classroom for an hour to help with a project that the kids are doing for one of the girls in Sydney's class who is moving to Atlanta, Georgia on Friday.  Each child made a special hand print for little Charlotte with their name on it and will write a special message for her to say goodbye.  I helped get the hand prints done and wash dozens of little paint covered hands at the end of it all!

Sydney loved having me in class but was really sad when I eventually did leave.  I think she thought I was staying for the whole day and didn't want to see me go, poor girl!

I did a grocery shop, ran a couple of quick errands and then met my friend Harv for lunch at the Secret Garden Tea Company in Kerrisdale for an early birthday lunch for me!



We had such a lovely lunch, the food was fresh and beautiful and so yummy and we sipped on tea while we chatted and enjoyed special pastries for dessert.  It was so special!



Harv gave me this most beautiful weekly planner as a gift, I love that you can make it your own on the inside and start whenever you want!  I have decided that I'm going to use it as my planner for the fun activities that I am going to do with my time to myself while Sydney's at preschool!  It will be good to think of some inspiring ideas for fun things that I can do to fill up the pages!


Half way through lunch I looked down and realized that I was wearing Sydney's purple plastic necklace that she got at the Dunbar Harvest Festival on the weekend.  She took it to school with her this morning and put it around my neck at some point and I totally forgot that I was wearing it!


Would have been no big deal, except five minutes after I left her at school she started to cry because she couldn't find her purple necklace!  So her teacher Jen distracted her by drawing a picture of the necklace and writing me a note about it.  I love that Sydney dictated what she wanted to say:  "I want my purple necklace.  I want to have it now!  I want my purple necklace!"  She was pretty happy to see me and that purple necklace when I came to pick her up and I couldn't help but laugh when she handed me the drawing and note that she had made for me!


We came home for a couple of hours this afternoon to relax and unwind and managed to get quite a few things done around the house!  I am finding that being out every morning during the week means I am not keeping up with housework the way that I should, so it was nice to spend some time getting things in order.

Late this afternoon we headed out to our first Music Together class for the fall.  We are so happy to be doing music class with our friends Sarah and Emma.  We enjoyed our new teacher, Mimi and I think we are going to love the new collection of songs for this term, they are fun and catchy!


Right after music was over, we jumped in the car and drove downtown to Whitespot to meet up with Christina and Jack for dinner before we took the kids to Twilight Tuesday at the aquarium.  Jack and Sydney were so funny at the restaurant, neither wanted to sit still for long and kept wiggling their way out of our booth and running around the restaurant.  At one point, out of sheer desperation, Christina and I handed both of them our iphones to keep them still and in their seats for just a few minutes!


After dinner we headed to the aquarium for their semi-annual members only event, Twilight Tuesday.  It was such fun!


Bobs and Lolo were performing in concert.  The kids loved dancing and singing along with them!


Twilight Tuesday was a pajama party theme this time so both Syd and Jack dressed up in their jammies for the event.  Syd loved looking at all the fish!




They had craft tables set up for the kids too, Syd made a fish puppet:


They also had their wet lab open for the event filled with tubs of all sorts of interesting sea creatures that the kids could hold and handle.  Sydney was thrilled to be able to hold a starfish and a sea urchin and loved dunking her hands in the tanks!



I love going to the aquarium at night, it's almost magical and I think the kids felt it too!

It was a fun day, Sydney was totally tuckered out by the end of it all and fell asleep in the car on the way home!  It really was a Terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment