Monday 17 September 2012

The Gift of a Day


 

Ever since Sydney started preschool, I've been feeling more and more like I so value every minute that we spend together.  Even though there were many times over the past three years that I longed for a break, I mostly just love being with my girl every minute of the day, and now that we have some time apart, it makes the time we have together all the sweeter!

Sydney had no preschool today for Rosh Hashanah so we decided to have a mellow morning together.  It was so nice to get up and hang out in pajamas for as long as we wanted!  I had been promising Sydney for the longest time that we would make homemade playdough together and I thought this morning seemed like the perfect time to make good on my promise.


We made a huge batch of bright blue playdough using this recipe.  It was fantastic!  So easy and a great result.  Sydney helped me put all the ingredients in the bowl, stir everything up and sprinkled flour on the counter the whole time I was kneading.  It was a true joint effort and she certainly enjoyed the fruits of her labour!




She had such fun playing with the playdough this morning, cutting, rolling, squishing.  Paul called to check in on us a few minutes after she started playing with it and she nearly ripped the phone out of my hands to talk to him and tell him that she had made homemade playdough.  She was pretty proud of herself!


We also made a couple of blueberry banana loaves with some bananas that had seen better days.  It felt nice to do some baking after having had a few busy weeks!


We headed to Paul's sister's house for lunch today after everyone had arrived home from the synagogue.  It was an absolutely amazing day today, sun shining and hot like a summer day!  Nevertheless, I couldn't resist dressing Syd in the sweetest little sweater dress that I bought for her in perfect fall colours that look so great with her coppery hair!


She's looking out her bedroom window at the neighbor's backyard, exciting times as the grass was being mowed!  Look at how long those legs are!  She grew a lot this summer!

We enjoyed another lovely meal together today.  Sydney had great fun playing with her cousins Issy and Nathan and snacking on all the great food!

It has been a wonderful couple of days enjoying the holidays under a perfectly sunny sky!  What a gift today was!

No comments:

Post a Comment