Thursday 18 October 2012

Birthday Shopping


Every year for my birthday, my parents send me a cheque for a gift.  Over the years, as my birthday draws near,  I have come to look so forward to their card arriving with my 'birthday money' inside.  I always try and find something a little out of the ordinary, or fun, to buy for myself.


This morning I had nothing scheduled while Sydney was at school, so I thought that I would head to Winners/Homesense and take a look around to see if I couldn't blow my birthday money.


I had such fun looking around at everything in the store!  They had great stock and tons of cool things.

In the end I bought myself a few items that I loved.

This gorgeous Italian glass decorative bowl:


A glass serving platter with sectional dishes, will be so great for playdates or serving appies!  In fact, I used it tonight to serve Paul his after-work snack!


Box of Cards...so useful and so pretty!


Cute dip spreaders!  Sydney has claimed all of the ones I currently have as her own, for cutting her playdough and clay with, so I thought I'd get myself some new fun ones!


And some loaf pans...much needed...mine were looking so pitiful!  So lovely to have some fresh, new industrial strength Wolfgang Puck pans!


So great to shop for some fun things for myself!  After I had finished shopping I decided to grab some lunch and sat and enjoyed a lovely Crab and Avocado Benny at Caffe Barney in South Granville.  While I was sitting alone eating, two Moms with babies about 8 or 9 months old came in for lunch.  It was so fun watching them and overhearing their conversation.  It reminded me so much of when Syd was that age and I would get together with Mom friends for coffee and lunch and talk about nothing other than our babies!  It feels like just yesterday and yet a world away, it's a strange feeling!  Ultimately, as Moms, we are all on the same journey, just at different stages.  It was neat to watch from afar!


Sydney and I had such a terrific morning today, running ahead of schedule on our way to school.  It was quite cool outside this morning and Sydney insisted upon wearing her new cupcake toque that I got for her the other day.  I decided that, seeing we were doing so well for time,  I would  stop and get her a little treat on the way to school.  We stopped at Cobs Breads and got a huge, warm, fresh croissant for her to eat in the car on our way.  She was SO happy! 


She had another terrific day at school and came home with yet more art projects to show off.  She's using lots of beautiful fall colours these days!





That was our rainy Thursday.  Can't believe we're almost at the end of another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment