Friday 5 October 2012

Catching Up



The past couple of days have been chock full of fun things, so busy in fact that I've not had the chance to sit down and update the blog in a while!  Here's a snapshot of what Thursday and Friday looked like:


More Artwork


Sydney is still furiously creating artwork on a daily basis at school.  I love that she has an artistic side to her and can't wait to see it grow and develop with time!

Art Class Conundrum


Sydney had art class this afternoon.  She is in a class of 3-5 year old kids in the artist of the month series.  They are learning about Claude Monet this month.  Sydney has been coming home everyday after art class saying Claude Monet's name and "Bonjour" randomly.  It's been great.  Problem is, I didn't realize that she was wildly unhappy in class without me!  She had been fussing and crying for the past couple of weeks and the instructor finally broke down and called me to pick her up early last week!  After a brief discussion about whether we should keep Syd in the class or not, I decided that we'd try one more week and that I would stay in class, quietly reading in the corner to see if she was more comfortable that way.  Worked like a charm!  Sydney had a fabulous class today without so much as a peep.  She had such a fun time, I'm so glad that I decided to keep her in class and will continue to stay for as long as she needs me!

Choosing an Outfit



Mornings have become significantly more rushed since Sydney's started school.  We need to be out the door by 8:15am, so we have very little time for anything in the morning!  Sydney is so particular about what she wears these days.  She absolutely loves to pick her outfits!  I have been having her choose and lay out her outfit for school the night before just to avoid the twenty minute production that choosing her daily outfit has become!  This has now spilled over into her shoe collection, she lines her shoes up before we go out and chooses a pair that matches her outfit.  It is so funny!

Sister Time


This morning my sister and I got together for breakfast and a long overdue catch-up.  I was just thinking, driving out to meet her, that I couldn't remember the last time that she and I had been out on our own!  It was so nice to have a full blown conversation, I miss chatting with her on a regular basis with the busyness of both of our lives!  We had a lovely time, she treated me to IHOP, which I love, and got me the most thoughtful gifts for my birthday: an ice cream sandwich maker, teddy bear shaped mould for pancakes and eggs and train cookie cutters!  I love that Syd and I can use each of these things together to make fun things in the kitchen!

Dinner Out


Last night I met up with my friends Andrea, Tracy and Saskia for a lovely dinner out downtown at Tableau restaurant.  Tracy is due to have a baby in a couple of weeks and we thought we'd have a little "sprinkle" party for her (instead of a "shower" get it?).  Tableau is such a great restaurant, I had forgotten how much I love French food, it was amazing!  We had a fabulous visit together, enjoyed some awesome wine and stayed out way too late catching up!  It felt great to be out with the girls!

Preschool Time



Sydney's preschool class had a fun week celebrating Sukkot.  They even built a full blown sukka outside and sat out in the gorgeous sunny fall weather to eat their snack and hang out inside of it.  Sydney brought in a giant bag of chestnuts to school today to share with everyone.  Her teachers suggested that she put them in the sand table so that the kids could "hunt" for them in the sand.  Sydney and her buddy Levi had a great time filling the sand table with them!

Pizza Party









Yesterday afternoon Sydney and I went to her buddy Logan's 3rd birthday party.  It was a pizza party at the Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company.  Each of the kids got to make their own little pizzas with the help of the staff there and watch as they baked in the giant pizza oven!  It was so cute watching them all in their little aprons building their pizzas!  Sydney absolutely loved it, piled her pizza high with every topping and actually ate some when it came out of the oven!  She came home with a loot bag filled with fun little toys, she was thrilled!

Placemat Project





Sydney and I are working on an art project that I'm thinking will turn into Christmas gifts for family and friends.  I got some foam backed vinyl which I cut into place mat size and had Sydney draw on them with permanent markers.  I will finish the edges with colourful duct tape and I'm thinking they'll make fantastic gifts for everyone over the holidays!  Thanks to Kelle at "Enjoying the Small Things" for the idea!  Love it!

400

Today marks my 400th blog posting on "My Life as a Mom!"  It is such a pleasure sharing our life with you here!  Thank you for reading!

So that was the end of our week....busy times!  Looking forward to a long weekend and having some time together as a family!  

No comments:

Post a Comment