Monday 15 October 2012

Monday, Monday!


I woke up this morning feeling so not like getting out of bed just yet.  It was still dark outside, the air in our bedroom was super cold and I was snug as a bug and so warm under the covers.  Plus I'd had a restless sleep and so could have used an extra hour of sleep or so.  But having a toddler, specifically a toddler who is super excited to get up and out the door to preschool, doesn't lend itself to Monday morning sleep-ins, so up I got.


Sydney is doing so fantastically with the drop offs at school lately.  She quickly settles herself into an activity, gives me a kiss and off I go, without so much as a peep from her.  This morning one of her teachers was away and there was a sub teacher in her place, so I hung out a little longer than normal to make sure that Sydney was okay.  She totally caught me off guard when she looked up from her seat at the painting station and said, "You can go now, Mom!"  Wow....I guess I overstayed my welcome!

So off I went to yoga class.  I was tempted to skip it all together and go home for a little nap instead, but I was oh so glad that I didn't.  It was a lovely, relaxing class and I felt so much more energized after I left.  I am loving having yoga as a regular part of my routine again!


After yoga class I headed off to Dollarama to get a few extra things for Sydney's loot bags for her birthday party, coming up in a couple of weeks.  I had such fun assembling the bags after Syd went to bed tonight.  It always gets me super excited about the party to see the stuffed loot bags in the weeks leading up to the big event!



When Sydney and I got home this afternoon there was a box waiting for us on the front porch of goodies from Children's Place.  There have been so many amazing online sales lately, that I have been tempted to buy a few things in bigger sizes for Sydney to tuck away while the prices are right!

Got Syd some super cute things:

Dressy Coat!  So cute!


Love the Cupcake Hat!


Syd's Favourite, butterfly shirt!

We also hit up our favourite consignment store, Macgillycuddy's, this weekend.  Sydney has been invited to two birthday parties where she needs to dress up as a princess, so I had a quick look to see if I could find an inexpensive princess costume for her to wear.   I ended up coming away with this super cute Tinkerbell costume, it looks so sweet on her!


Syd found these super sparkly shoes and tried them on all by herself while I was looking at costumes.  They still had their original tag intact and were a steal at $6, so we took them home!


Found a brand new pair of Crocs there too, they are way too big for Syd now, but will come in handy in a couple of years time.  They have found a home in the back of her closet in the mean time!


Sydney and I decided to do a little cooking together this afternoon.  We made a pot of homemade Butternut Squash soup, Syd had so much fun dropping all the vegetables I had chopped into the giant soup pot!



We also made some Spicy Turkey Burgers and Parmesan Roasted Potatoes for dinner.  Good, comforting food on a cold and dreary, rainy Monday!




Sydney is so into playing with her homemade playdough these days!  Today she told me that she made a birthday cake for Elmo and she wondered if she could have a candle to put in it.  It was so cute watching her "blow" it out!


She and I were playing in her playroom right before bed tonight when I popped into the bathroom for a minute.  When I came out, Syd was sitting at her easel, piece of chalk in her hands and said "Mom, look, it's a fish!"  I was actually astonished at how much what she drew really did look like a fish, scales and one eye and all!  I love that her drawings are starting to look more and more like real objects!


Another fun day with my girl, it felt like a perfect start to the week!




No comments:

Post a Comment